Where is the old Chappy ??

Started by bundyboy, July 18, 2011, 12:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundyboy

strange year this year....some of the absolute guns you could rely on are just not performing..

Goddard finally showing something
NRoo still struggling
Bartell very average (except this week of course)
Jroo - just bloody awful  (not premium I know, but expected heaps more from Coleman medalist)

I could go on....

but really - what is Cappy's problem...  couple of good game early, but really pretty dissapointing since about rd 4-5
not injured ??  but nothing like we expect

anyone have any insight as to why ??

Holz

maybee he is getting to old he is nearly 30. He wont be in my team anymore after this season.

Zarts

really? complaining when a forward averages 99.99

really?

Wes Mantooth

very simple as Holzman said - getting too old. like Boomer he'll have a super game every now then but I didn't get him this year because his consistency had to drop with age sooner or later.

Andrew

Yeah it's the last year of the Chappy. Hoping I make prelim final in my league and he's the difference though.

Flame

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on July 18, 2011, 12:07:26 AM
very simple as Holzman said - getting too old. like Boomer he'll have a super game every now then but I didn't get him this year because his consistency had to drop with age sooner or later.
Bit harsh?

Holz

Quote from: Flame on July 18, 2011, 12:41:45 AM
Bit harsh?

i agree will still be a great player like the good old boomer but i dont think he will average around 110 anymore and with his injury risk added to that i dont see reasons to pick him ahead of guys like franklin, fyfe, stevie j etc.. anymore. I would loved to be proven wrong though.

Andrew

Quote from: Holzman on July 18, 2011, 12:44:18 AM
Bit harsh?

i agree will still be a great player like the good old boomer but i dont think he will average around 110 anymore and with his injury risk added to that i dont see reasons to pick him ahead of guys like franklin, fyfe, stevie j etc.. anymore. I would loved to be proven wrong though.

+1. He's still a good player just not a dominant player, when we're talking DT-wise that means he's past his used-by date. Hopefully can crank up one big last effort against poor opposition the next 3 weeks though.

Wes Mantooth

Bit harsh?

Not harsh at all... he is getting old and his stats speak for themselves compared to past years. As a DT player I'm not here to be sentimental.

Flame

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on July 18, 2011, 10:10:33 PM
Bit harsh?

Not harsh at all... he is getting old and his stats speak for themselves compared to past years. As a DT player I'm not here to be sentimental.
I am talking from a DT point of view. Chappy is averaging more than fyfe and pav. I wouldnt write him off just yet.

LaHug

Is this thread a joke?!
Second highest averaging forward!!!

Sure, he might not be averaging 110+ like he used to, but he's still a bloody good DT forward!

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on July 18, 2011, 10:43:39 PM
Is this thread a joke?!
Second highest averaging forward!!!

Sure, he might not be averaging 110+ like he used to, but he's still a bloody good DT forward!

i agree still a dominant forward but take it account his 2 missed games with injury and his chance of an injury. I dont think he is a must have any more so i wont be getting him next year. If you add to 2 60s the rookies gave you when he was injured a guy like fyfe has been a much better pick.

bundyboy

not a lot of Chappy love for next year is there.... :'(

really, not too many forwards have been super scorers this year...is it my memory failing ??  or did we get better scores from Forwards last year??

maybe we are a bit blind-sided by the high scores of midfielders....because both defenders and forwards have generally been pretty poor

all that said - I'm in the same boat - not inclinded to pick him up as a "must have" next year...

JBs-Hawks

will be an upgrade if anything next year definately not in my initial squad

hope fyfe will still be dpp

Holz

Quote from: bundyboy on July 18, 2011, 11:28:41 PM
not a lot of Chappy love for next year is there.... :'(

really, not too many forwards have been super scorers this year...is it my memory failing ??  or did we get better scores from Forwards last year??

maybe we are a bit blind-sided by the high scores of midfielders....because both defenders and forwards have generally been pretty poor

all that said - I'm in the same boat - not inclinded to pick him up as a "must have" next year...

thats why im loading on mids and picking up rookies and mid pricers up front and down back.