Where is the old Chappy ??

Started by bundyboy, July 18, 2011, 12:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

Quote from: Holzman on July 18, 2011, 11:33:00 PM
Quote from: bundyboy on July 18, 2011, 11:28:41 PM
not a lot of Chappy love for next year is there.... :'(

really, not too many forwards have been super scorers this year...is it my memory failing ??  or did we get better scores from Forwards last year??

maybe we are a bit blind-sided by the high scores of midfielders....because both defenders and forwards have generally been pretty poor

all that said - I'm in the same boat - not inclinded to pick him up as a "must have" next year...

thats why im loading on mids and picking up rookies and mid pricers up front and down back.

Good idea on paper, but I think the issue with this would be that mid rookies (usually) score better and thus increase in price at a greater rate than mid's in the fwd and backs. They're usually around the same point too. It might be argued that this strategy will pay off because the mid premiums you have stocked up on will be more prolific scorer's than those premiums in the fwd and backs, however they are also priced that way too.

Back to Chappy though.... I think the critisism regarding Chappy's DT is unwarranted. His average over the last 5 rounds is 101.4, and that includes a 71 from the weekend! If you take that score out then he has averaged 109 over the four games before that which is 5 more than Boyd's average for his past 5 games and only 2 points less than Murphy for his last 5 games. So tell me... what's wrong with Chappy again???

Zarts

last year chappy and (green?) were the only fwds with 100 avgs.

azzacooney

dont be so quick to write chappy off lads! he will bust out some good scores for the remainding games no doubt. he is a dream team master!!!