Captain Suckling

Started by Fireballz, July 17, 2011, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Make Suckling skipper
4 (12.9%)
Don't be a fool! Stick with a midfield C!
27 (87.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Fireballz

I'm intrigued because assistant coach has Matty Suckling's projected score as 139 vs Melb next week. I wanna put the question out there early (because A/C trial is about to expire), is it worth taking a punt on this guy?
If it pays off it could be very, very nice. Especially if Hawks get an easy win (not guaranteed obviously) and junk time starts early...

Thoughts?

Holz

i dont think he will score more than the big gun mids and he has a much greater chance of having a quiet game.

The real reason i wouldnt do it.

SWAN PLAYING GC

elephants

Fireballz

I don't believe in Dane Swan I'm afraid. Never owned him, never will.

Pendles vs GC instead maybe? I should win my league games comfortably so just thinking about taking a risk.

elephants

Don't believe in swanny!?!?!?!

McRooster

Quote from: elephants on July 17, 2011, 10:59:51 PM
Lock in the swandaddy.
Other than bringing in to play my Hawks players this week I can see no reason to change tactics - Swan remains Captain.

*FB I'd think differently if I had Pendles in SC but Swannie for me in DT because when it comes down to it I don't really care how he uses it just as long as he gets it  ;) - Which he will get plenty of against GC.

Edge

i reckon pendles would be a better captain option then swan... just a gut feeling.

Fireballz

Clearly nobody on here is a gambler! WWFD!!! (What would fev do?)

I just realised I'm playing my best mate who is much better than I am but my projected score is 2259 and his is 2195. Trading in buddy franklin so that will give me even more of an edge but do I risk it all with a unique captain choice....? HHrrmmmmm

McRooster

Quote from: Fireballz on July 17, 2011, 11:23:29 PM

I just realised I'm playing my best mate who is much better than I am but my projected score is 2259 and his is 2195. Trading in buddy franklin so that will give me even more of an edge but do I risk it all with a unique captain choice....? HHrrmmmmm
Me and Fev have a lot more in common than just having played footy b4  ;)

The difference is that I need to be more calculated with my bets than Fev because he has a rather larger proportion of disposable income.

Nice bag of 11 today for Casey BTW Brendan  8)

Edge

surely you mean WWSD (what would Shaw do?)

McRooster

Quote from: Edge on July 17, 2011, 11:30:32 PM

surely you mean WWSD (what would Shaw do?)
LOL Edge  8) - How very topical of you!

bundyboy

midfielders all the way.....

Swann for DT,

Pendles for SC

don't need to think about this decision any more this year  ;D

BGK

Swan for me. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pendles rested with that knock to the shoulder.

Cruiseon

I might get Suckling into my side but what about Ablett.

Just because he, sorry I meant they, are playing the Pies - doesn;t mean he won't rack up big ones. He has a good record against Collingwood.

Andrew

Quote from: bestguykai on July 18, 2011, 09:31:32 AM
Swan for me. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pendles rested with that knock to the shoulder.

I knew that a rest v GC was a chance for Pendles last week but still bought him because I couldn't afford to lose my League game. Mitchell was the first preference though, damn these byes... It was good Pendles managed to get back on the field, hopefully the Heath Shaw controversy means the Pies lean towards their first team lineup? Here's hoping, but if Didak replaces Pendles it won't be the worst as I have both :)