International Australian Rules Football League

Started by c4v3m4n, July 17, 2011, 12:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

The year is 2030.

The New Zealand Knights have beaten the Western Bombers for the 2nd time in as many years. Australian rules football is the fastest growing sport on the planet. The 2029 International AFL Cup saw a record 48 teams enter. :o And with the development of the 'hypersonic' aeroplane, the AFL has held discussions with other international AFL bodies such as USAFL, AFL South Africa, ARFLI, AFL China and many more to create a wordwide AFL league, separate to the AFL of course...

The result...

The International Australian Rules Football League was born. There are to be two conferences, each made up of 16 teams:

• European and American Conference
  • African and Asian Conference

Within each conference, are 4 'sub-divisions' of 4 teams, each known as:

European and American Conference

• Northern American Division
  • Southern American Division
  • Western Europe Division
  • Eastern Europe Division

African and Asian Conference

• South-East Asian Division
  • North-East Asian Division
  • Pacific Division
  • Western Conference Division

There will be 22 rounds every year. Each team will play their division members twice (6 games), their conference members once (14 games) and members of a different conference once (4 games, which rotates every year). The finals series would see the top 2 teams from each division meet in a conference knock-out series. The two winners would then meet in the IARFL Grand Final.

The winner of that  ::) would then play the winner of the AFL Grand Final for the Champions Cup.

;D Hey everyone, c4v3m4n here.

Whilst I was searching for ideas for my "AFL 19th team" design, I came across a thread on BigFooty (I know, shame on me for visiting a rival site). A guy had posted teams he created for an imaginary international football league; complete with logos and guernseys. You can visit it here to see for yourself.

I thought it was a brilliant idea! ;D It's now got me thinking we/I should do something similar!  :P

There's 3 ways we/I could go about this.

1. Each week, you place a 'bid' on behalf of a city to join the league. It would include location, team name, nickname and guernsey. I would then choose the best bid to join the competition.

2. Each fortnight, I post a set of 'bids' complete with names, logos and guernseys and you would then vote which team joins the competition.

3. I go about it alone for your amusement. Each week, I'd showcase a new team, complete with history, logos, guernsey, the works.

There is a poll to help things get started. I'd really love to get this up and going, I reckon it could be a lot of fun! :D

hawk_88

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 17, 2011, 12:41:10 AM
I came across a thread on BigFooty

Sleeping with the enemy, come on boys, get him!!

I go about it alone for your amusement.

Everything you do amuses me  :P

This would be a fascinating insight into your psyche that would unravel each week as you slowly build up this imagery future until you can't tell the difference between the fiction you wrote and reality. Then in about 10 months time we see you run onto the field of a Collingwood game shouting "WE MUST KILL IT, DAISY, THE ANTI-CHRIST!"

c4v3m4n

But hawk, how do you know this isn't just a dream...  :o

Plus I couldn't kill Daisy, he's a friend. We went to high school together. Same with Shane Mumford.

hawk_88

I'm pretty sure your words about him in past the weren't that flattering.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: hawk_88 on July 17, 2011, 12:56:04 AM
I came across a thread on BigFooty
Sleeping with the enemy, come on boys, get him!!
EVIL!!!!!!!

I'd love to see if I can come up with one if I can somehow find the time. Sounds interesting and fun.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: hawk_88 on July 17, 2011, 01:13:37 AM
I'm pretty sure your words about him in past the weren't that flattering.

Probably cause he doesn't reply to my messages anymore....and the fact he made it into the AFL and I haven't.

Anyway, who else is intrigued?  :P

Zarts

roo boys!

Looks very good! Not sure if I can design logos etc...

bomberboy0618

ossie85

Sweet! Aus should have at least 2 divisions though :)

Yeah, a crack should be had

AFEV

I haven't gotten all the way through your post C4 because I got distracted by the other thread....I like the Dubai Eagles jumper.
And the Zurich Rams come to think of it.

Very interesting. I'd like to place the bids myself, even though I'm terrible with graphics and such.

c4v3m4n

In this league, there'd be no Eagles. Or any other clashes with current AFL club names.

Plus the guernsey's will be the most challenging. Coming up with original guernseys isn't easy. But I'm up to the challenge.  :D

ossie85

Zarts

bomberboy0618