Main Menu

v Carlton

Started by Cookie Monster, July 16, 2011, 09:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

do we have a chance?

i would give us a slim chance, with Hooker and Watson most likely coming back in.

W have won the last 3, Carlton have lost the last 3.

anyone give us a chance?

RiOtChEsS

uve got more than a slim chance...

drawn game last time, weve hit the skids u guys r coming back from hitting the wall...

dare say u guys will start favorites if not even money looking forward to it 8)

AFEV

All bets are off with Carlton and Essendon as with Carlton v Collingwood & Essendon v Collingwood.
The smart money is with whoever is the underdog.

Should be very interesting and if Carlton lose the Eagles will be knocking on the door :x

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Sid on July 17, 2011, 02:56:54 PM
All bets are off with Carlton and Essendon as with Carlton v Collingwood & Essendon v Collingwood.
The smart money is with whoever is the underdog.

Should be very interesting and if Carlton lose the Eagles will be knocking on the door :x
i was quietly pulling for the Saints last night :P

Cookie Monster

Watching the Carlton v Collingwood match and it seems we can give Hooker another weeks rest, they have no key fowards?

We are super confident and i think we can come away with the 4 points.

AFEV

Quote from: Cookie Monster on July 17, 2011, 09:22:13 PM
Watching the Carlton v Collingwood match and it seems we can give Hooker another weeks rest, they have no key fowards?

We are super confident and i think we can come away with the 4 points.
I hardly think the week we play a top 4 team and an arch rival is the time to give players 'another' weeks rest. With our run home we could miss finals and this is a crucial game.
If we go in thinking we will win we won't.

Cookie Monster

i'm not saying that, who will Hooker play on? Look at the foward line of Carlton, do we need him?

AFEV

Well it would be nice to have a half back.
They will probably rotate Warnock, Kreuz, Walker and maybe Thronton through the forward line so it would be handy to have him in the team.
Keep in mind Flethc likes to play on the mid-sized players these days. 2 key backs is not overkill by any means.

Cruiseon

The smart money is with whoever is the underdog

With all due respect anyone who has backed Essendon against Collingwodd in the last couple or next couple of years has been wasting their money. That said I'll be cheering on the Dons next week, hope you do the right thing by the football world.

AFEV

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 17, 2011, 10:51:06 PM
The smart money is with whoever is the underdog

With all due respect anyone who has backed Essendon against Collingwodd in the last couple or next couple of years has been wasting their money. That said I'll be cheering on the Dons next week, hope you do the right thing by the football world.
Fair enough :P

RiOtChEsS

under lights Saturday night at the G 8)

supercoach addict

Slim chance? way more then that mate. We'll probably go in as favourites. Anything less than a draw would be considered a dissapointment.

Maca24

Quote from: Marcz on July 18, 2011, 02:45:10 PM
im going to the game  :)

eski_liddr

If the dons can keep a full bench they hav a gud chance. Id rather see watson ready for the pies, rest of the season. They need him for it

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Maca24 on July 19, 2011, 09:57:45 AM
Quote from: Marcz on July 18, 2011, 02:45:10 PM
im going to the game  :)
:o massively jealous :(