Supercoach scoring question.

Started by coolfugitiv0, July 16, 2011, 05:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolfugitiv0

I want to know, would a player get extra SC points (and if yes, then how much) if he kicks the winning goal of the game.

Eg. Freo down by 5 points, Pav marks 55 metres out. Siren sounds.
Pav kicks... It's GOAL! Freo win!

In this instance, would Pav get more than the usual points for a goal?

MC

Yes he would, although there is no formula to determine exactly how many points...

SC points are rewarded for a players' influence on the game, and a match winning play would account for more than the usual points allocated.

lewis

In your example Pav gets points for contested mark effective kick goal and 50 bonus points for the winning score. I think that's all can anyone else confirm??

Bennyy

Yes. Its all on impact in game!

Go to the site tooserious.net and there is an article on it at the top. I can post a link if you like. Gives a great insight.

Points are weighted depending on how a player gets there possesions (contested)
Where on the ground (marks from opposition inside defensive 50 better than a mark from opposition in your forward line)
And yeah impact on the game. Hence why SC scores for the first quarter always come out from champion data so high as they cant predict the rest of the game.

coolfugitiv0

Bennyy

Always a good way to get an idea - Leo Barry mark when Sydney won the grand final was worth around 40SC points i think.

Contested mark from opposition kick.
Inside defensive 50
Margin was under a goal
And only x amount of seconds left on the clock.

All those have an impact on the score at that time. If he did that and Sydney were up by 10 goals, it may only be worth 5 points.