Main Menu

Heath Shaw

Started by RiOtChEsS, July 15, 2011, 04:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Junktimer on July 15, 2011, 05:41:10 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on July 15, 2011, 04:50:26 PM

TWICE he's potentially derailed our season now.

TWICE.

I don't care if he was a Grand Final hero.

Get rid of him.

Done.

What did he do the first time?

Its interesting to see the collingwood supporters on here jump off him so quickly.

Shaw is just a dumbass.

Any distraction possible is good for the blues this saturday though, we need everything we can get.

The first time was the Didak/Shaw car incident, where the pies had to suspend them both for the rest o the year incl finals

ossie85

Quote from: McRooster on July 15, 2011, 11:41:50 PM
Cheats.

Their stupidity is deepened by the poor presentation of the facts and that they timidly believe we think they're telling the truth.

Heater says he handed the $10 to his mate after being asked 'Do you want a piece of it?' - please Heath  ::)
Only the most brainwashed will even have an inkling of belief in that statement or only those with vested financial interests.

Nick Maxwell, family bets - BS! - You've been caught and the powers that be have instructed you to use relatives as a scapegoat (Warnie blamed his Mum for the diet Pill  ::))

We need Collingwood sure, but we also deserve the truth to preserve the integrity of Punters like myself who like betting on an honest even playing field.

The players involved are no different than Pakistan cricketers, Captain Salman Butt, bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif and wicket keeper Kamran Akmal.

I'm sure the corporates at Emirates are happy.....you can bet on that!

You are likely right about not the whole story, but if there was any malice in this the dollar amounts would have been a lot higher. So 'cheets' is too harsh, stupid is what is was. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Maxwell (reading his books and interviews, he is close to his family, and not entirely out of the question he simply told his family he was starting forward). Heath gets no benefit of the doubt though.

BGK

I suggest people who go on about the odds coming in from 100-1 to 25-1 should go down to there local TAB and spend a bit of time researching. The odds are not just worked out on who the bookmakers think will kick the first goal or win this race, they are dictated by the size of the bet pool. Have you ever noticed how a $20 bet on a Friday afternoon race can bring a horses odds from 20-1 into 8-1, but this will never happen on Melbourne cup day. Its because the amount of money being placed on the race (Bet Pool) is so much larger on Melbourne cup day. The same thing applies to excotic bets in football. The first goal market wouldnt carry a large pool. Hence the sudden fluctuation in odds. Bookies always try to limit the damage by winding in larger odds once there have been bets placed in them.

I suggest before you all go into conspiracy mode, why dont you  go down a slap $50 on an unlikely candidate to kick the first goal and come back in a couple of hours to check the odds. I would like to put money on that you would all be surprised.

I hope this makes sense.

PowerBug

He should go. First the dangewrous driving thingo with Didak, now this. It wasn't much buuuttt...

How did Shaw's "mate" know that Maxy was playing up forward, did Shaw say something to him thus revealing team strategies?

RiOtChEsS

here is a link to one of those aforementioned by CFC http://www.bigpondsport.com/the-day-bongo-took-a-bribe/tabid/91/newsid/72335/default.aspx

back in 1910 this would have copped u a 5 year ban, safe to say Heath Shaw got off easy...

also im a little stunned The Pies didnt come out and state he was done for the year, will this come later? or r they gonna turn a blind eye?

McRooster

Anyone notice that at the press conference there was NO corporate sponsorship on the boards behind the players  ;)

This has set a dangerous precedent for the likelihood of a repeat performance by others. If the AFL had the true integrity of the games by-laws as it's foremost interest then they should've suspended the two of them indefinitely. Rather than Eddie parading them as 'do-gooders' for coming clean it will actually force exotic betting further underground because players will still think they can get away with it.

Goodwin should've been dealt a harsher penalty also back in the day.

Shaw, Maxwell and Collingwood on behalf of the AFL should refund all lost bets from rnd9 first goal - that would be the first step toward genuine remorse for their deceptive action.

ossie85

Given Shaw's lack of match practice for the finals, would he be the perfect sub?

RiOtChEsS

id expect he would be in his first game...

someone mentioned yesterday he wouldnt be available for the 1st round of finals after missing 8 games at both levels that true?

i cant believe he remains in the leadership group :o

and apparently the suspension/punishment was something worked out between the afl and collingwood so no further punishment ::)

MTK

Heath Shaw (quite rightly) copped a decent whack for betting on footy....it's now come to light that last weekend that the Melbourne players 'protested' against how their club was being run by essentially not trying down at Geelong. In my mind this is a FAR more serious charge than Shaw's....each player involved in that shameful display down at Geelong should be suspended by the AFL for the rest of the year for bringing the game into disrepute.........Discuss......

Boomz

Quote from: MTK on August 03, 2011, 09:00:26 PM
Heath Shaw (quite rightly) copped a decent whack for betting on footy....it's now come to light that last weekend that the Melbourne players 'protested' against how their club was being run by essentially not trying down at Geelong. In my mind this is a FAR more serious charge than Shaw's....each player involved in that shameful display down at Geelong should be suspended by the AFL for the rest of the year for bringing the game into disrepute.........Discuss......

Proof?

Master Q

Rubbish. Do you have any evidence?

AFEV

What option did the players have? They did what their coach told them to and I seriously doubt that is true anyway.

8-6 Suited

MTK with his 41 posts knows all. That is the proof boys and girls.

:rolleyes:

MTK

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 03, 2011, 09:50:57 PM

Play the ball and not the man....AFL360 was just one of many programs putting this story out there. I suggest you do some homework yourself.....does countless posts make you an 'expert'? I think not

Boomz

Quote from: MTK on August 04, 2011, 12:23:47 AM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 03, 2011, 09:50:57 PM

Play the ball and not the man....AFL360 was just one of many programs putting this story out there. I suggest you do some homework yourself.....does countless posts make you an 'expert'? I think not

No evidence = didn't happen. Get one of the players saying it and then I'll listen all it is atm is a theory.