Lower, Stanley - I'm lost!!!!

Started by PowerBug, July 14, 2011, 11:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Ok, i have 7 trades, $155'800 in the bank, and a team like this:

Backs: Gibbs , Deledio , Goddard , Heppell , Adcock , Stanley , Lower << Jacobs , L.Thompson , Hargrave >>

Mids: Pendles , Swan , Boyd , GAJ , Priddis , Selwood << Hibberd , Buckley , Prestia >>

Rucks: Cox , Petrie << McCauley , JTippett >>

Fors: Goodes , Pavlich , Green , Higgins , Mzungu , JRoo , Lobbe << Franklin , Tapscott , Winmar >>

I want to upgrade this week, if i upgrade in the backs one of my premium keepers, Hargrave/Adcock/Stanly need to be benched each week, which i don't like.

I can't upgrade in the fors enough, best i can do is Mzungu >> ~$340k guy. In the fors i want OKeefe or LeCras.

I could downgrade Lower/Buckley/Hibberd.

This the toughest league match of the season for me, win, and i'll be 90% assured of #1 spot.

What does everyone think?

PowerBug

elephants

If it means top spot use the double trade and get a super gun in your Fwds.
STEVE JOHNSON IS CURRENTLY ABSENT FROM YOUR TEAM.
Double trade for SJ asap.

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on July 14, 2011, 11:55:21 PM
If it means top spot use the double trade and get a super gun in your Fwds.
STEVE JOHNSON IS CURRENTLY ABSENT FROM YOUR TEAM.
Double trade for SJ asap.
I don't know, his bye is concerning, but i'll take that gamble and try to win rd 21 league.

PowerBug

If i downgrade, i'll remove Buckley. The cheapest playing options are. Twomey (CARL) $80400
Rounds (COLL) $97600
Fasolo (COLL) $115300.

elephants

Yeah back yourself in. If worse comes to worse you'll have to play Tapscott and suffer a 40 point defecit.

PowerBug

After Fasolo it's Jolly (GCS) at $137k. Too much.

Zarts

personally, I would downgrade one of your backs such as lower, or mids such as buckley, and upgrade tappy to cloke if you can afford it, he's the fwd I like the look of the most.

PowerBug

Quote from: Zarts on July 15, 2011, 12:10:43 AM
personally, I would downgrade one of your backs such as lower, or mids such as buckley, and upgrade tappy to cloke if you can afford it, he's the fwd I like the look of the most.
I hate Travis Cloke. Not getting him. Buckley >> Rounds   Prestia >> Stevie J.
Possibility?

Zarts

rule one of DT, don't let personal feelings override your logic for decisions.

a fwd with a 117 five round average, and that includes playing against temas such as hawthorn, sydney, st kilda.

I wouldn't go past him myself.

PowerBug

Price is affordable but i can save 30k on Stevie J (ryhmes). How about the downgrade though, is that good?

Zarts

stevie J still has a bye though- you're losing 30-50 points by choosing stevie over cloke just based on that,  and that's presuming they avg the same for the rest of the season (imo cloke will average more anyway)

honestly, I would prefer callinan for the downgrade (despite the injury), based on JS, and scoring potential + dpp compared to rounds, who is looking mediocre at best.

Perthwildcat

I would get ROK, I just did myself (upgraded I.Smith)

He has MPP and a solid average with a great run home.

Andrew

Sell Lower before Stanley for sure. Get O'Keefe he's a star.