Previous topic - Next topic

Trade Didak to J. Steven?

Yes
8 (40%)
No
12 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Possumo

Hi guys, noticed that Didak is not playing again this week, and with an important league match this weekend and Rioli and Franklin out with the bye (and Callinan in my mid's is of course injured as well) I will be forced to play Harper or cop a doughnut.

My current forward line is Pav, N. Voldt, Goodes, Sylvia, Didak, Krak, Mzungu (Franklin, Rioli, Harper), and I have 90k in the bank with 5 trades left (have A. Swallow in the mid's who I am planning to trade for another premium before his bye, and Gibbs and Selwood as my only other premiums out during the finals). Obviously Didak is doing poorly (started with him... :(), and J. Steven is looking quite good. Should I perhaps get rid of Didak for him and use the money I was saving for the finals?

Cheers guys.

The F.A.R.K.

Even though he is Montags Pick  :( he looks to be the best trade option this week
unique no byes mpp still fairly cheap no injury worries and in red hot form

Possumo

Do you think he can keep up this kind of scoring though? Will he outscore Didak significantly from here on out? I'm just wondering whether it's worth burning a trade for what is pretty much a sideways trade. Having Steven will almost certainly help me this week, but I'm more worried about the long term and how he will perform in te finals. Having premiums such as Adcock and Sylvia is hurting me a fair bit... and I might be better off trading out Adcock rather than Didak (although I'd probably back Adcock to be the one who will return to his form... Didak has been out of sorts all year).

bjay2308

its an interesting one as iv been considering the same thing and i have 5 trades left also. i either do the trade or play dalhaus so it depends on how much emphasis you are putting on your matchup this week. ideally it would be best to hold of and keep your trades but then again there is certainly merit in doing the trade too. but a bit sideways with didak coming back probably next week

Possumo

Quote from: bjay2308 on July 14, 2011, 11:20:00 PM
its an interesting one as iv been considering the same thing and i have 5 trades left also. i either do the trade or play dalhaus so it depends on how much emphasis you are putting on your matchup this week. ideally it would be best to hold of and keep your trades but then again there is certainly merit in doing the trade too. but a bit sideways with didak coming back probably next week

Yeah exactly, I'm not really keen on wasting a trade, so it does seem a bit sidewaysish :P Having said that Dalhaus is a lot better cover than Harper!

PowerBug

I don't mind it. Is J.Steven Fors not Mids? He looks a great player, just don't get on him next year when Hayes retuirns.

Possumo

Quote from: PowerBug on July 14, 2011, 11:42:25 PM
I don't mind it. Is J.Steven Fors not Mids? He looks a great player, just don't get on him next year when Hayes retuirns.

Forward/mid. I think I'm just going to hold Didak. I'll probably live to regret it, but I think I'm better off holding my trades till the finals.

AlexIsOnFire

Didak just missed out this week, I'd keep him

Windigo

Know when to hold 'em & know when to fold 'em.

Hold.

j959

Quote from: Possumo on July 14, 2011, 11:34:27 PM
Quote from: bjay2308 on July 14, 2011, 11:20:00 PM

Yeah exactly, I'm not really keen on wasting a trade, so it does seem a bit sidewaysish :P Having said that Dalhaus is a lot better cover than Harper!
you took the words out of my mouth and answered your own question ... only do this trade if you feel that you absolutely 'have' to win this match-up as if it were a GF. you have Dalhaus as cover and that should be as good as = not worth the trade

Windigo

Loves having Harper......... :(

Possumo

Ended up losing pretty easily due to the Shaw affair (and had Toy not played I would have been better off as I wouldn't have switched Jacobs into the mids to be an emergency!), Selwood and just having more rookies than he did on the field this week. Was pretty happy with Harper's score though, and I hope that Didak will reward us with some decent scores.

plugz19

Quote from: Windigo on July 15, 2011, 01:37:11 PM
Loves having Harper......... :(
happy with harpers game this week!
had 48 in the first 1/2 then died off for a 65
showed a bit of potential though!

as for jack steven, i'd prefer to spend an extra 40k and get ROK

Holz

i would prefer having didak over steven, didak may be injured but when  the 2 are playing i think they will average around the same if didak plays the way he has all season. However didak has still the potential to be a premium, pity i didnt say this about broughton or i would be happy now.

The F.A.R.K.

i wouldnt touch didak
steven i got fooled into but i hope he comes good