I Smith to Bartel

Started by langej, July 14, 2011, 11:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do it or dont do it?

Show some and Make the trade!
Only 6, your nuts!

langej

Anyone else considering this? Only costs 20K and a trade.  Bartel has Bris, Rich, Mel, GC and Adel.

Fenno

Doovster

Im going Bewick to Bartel this week. Still got 9 trades at the mo'. Will be great bench cover come finals

HTL

So tempting, but the finals bye means I can't justify it  :(

langej

Only have 6 and need another premo mid.

AlexIsOnFire

Smith has been great doubt, but Bartel is a far better option,
I'm going smith to montagna

mcwarne

ISmith to Bartel is borderline sideways. Plus Bartel has that pesky semi-final Bye and you only have 6 trades. So I reckon save 'em.

langej

Responces are 50/50 so i added a poll.  Note i have Montag (had him ll year!)

AlexIsOnFire

Mate smith is no where near Bartel status, a rookie vs a brownlow medalist who's averaged over 100 for years.

Easy trade!!!! Do it before Bartel goes up and u regret it.

AlexIsOnFire

And had he not got concussed on 2 points you wouldn't even be contemplating this trade, so take advantage of this opportunity

upthemaidens

alot of people seemed worried about bartel's bye during finals,,but if he is gunna be a 7th mid. it doesnt matter

BGK

If you have a complete team in all the other lines than i say go for it. This is a luxury trade that could really pay dividends, but only if you've finished everywhere else first.

thatguy

Quote from: mcwarne on July 14, 2011, 12:57:48 PM
ISmith to Bartel is borderline sideways. Plus Bartel has that pesky semi-final Bye and you only have 6 trades. So I reckon save 'em.
borderline sideways  :o :o :o :o :o ??? ??? ??? you have got to be kidding. if you are thinking of making bartel a 7th mid you couldnt go wrong.

personally, despite him and montagna and the likes being so cheap, i dont like the idea. then you are stuck with 7 premiums and no doubt each week you will leave the wrong one on the pine. its fine to say ''bartel is my 7th mid'' but when he rips out 2x120 scores and you put him on the field, he will score 80 for you!

upthemaidens

Quote from: thatguy on July 14, 2011, 05:29:11 PM
Quote from: mcwarne on July 14, 2011, 12:57:48 PM
borderline sideways  :o :o :o :o :o ??? ??? ??? you have got to be kidding. if you are thinking of making bartel a 7th mid you couldnt go wrong.

personally, despite him and montagna and the likes being so cheap, i dont like the idea. then you are stuck with 7 premiums and no doubt each week you will leave the wrong one on the pine. its fine to say ''bartel is my 7th mid'' but when he rips out 2x120 scores and you put him on the field, he will score 80 for you!
that may be a problem, but what a good problem to have.  u can pick your midfield depending on the players opponants for that round,  if i decide that i need too i'll be getting bartel in both DT and SC, alot depends on whats gunna happen with ablett and harvey for this week