Main Menu

Daisy

Started by cortez, July 14, 2011, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Eddie - " if scully is worth two first round picks then daisy is worth four". Does this mean that Eddie think/knows Thomas is going to gws?

fever

it would actually make sense that he's using the scully issue as a way of putting compensation on the agenda, especially when daisy is in career best form.

though too tough to tell whether he knows for sure, or if he's setting up a just-in-case backup plan.

i cant imagine wanting to leave a team that could potentially win the flag for the next 3 or 4 years though, no matter how much they offer him.

edited for speeling

fever

btw, daisy is not worth double what scully is (especially when the scumbag GC captain was only worth two 1st round picks).

cortez

Money is an amazing thing. Just ask a little bald bloke. And i agree daisy is not worth twice as much as scully.

fever

yeah but i'm sure collingwood have the same capacity to offer outside enticements (like judd/VISY) to bump his earnings up to at least a close enough level.

scotty_222

i dont understand y ppl are still going on about gaz
i dont believe if u were put in the same position u wouldnt take
1.8 mill a year over 5 years. this guy is set up for life now
if 30 years everyone will have forgotten him
yet he will have set him and his family up for life. smart move
plus im a gc fan so.. ahaha

fever

yes because he definitely needed the money...

i can honestly say i would not have taken the offer, but perhaps it's easy to say not being in the position, or perhaps i have a different set of moral priorities.

Fred Hollows

???-daisy is not worth more compensation then ablett its stupid to say that he is worth 4 1st round picks. :o

JimMundy93

Eddie only said that because he is outraged that scully is worth 2 first round picks
He thinks that he isn't worth the same as alblett which I agree with

cortez

Maybe scully is worth 2 first round picks and ablett was worth alot more

bluedreamin

Quote from: JimMundy93 on July 14, 2011, 02:09:46 PM
Eddie only said that because he is outraged that scully is worth 2 first round picks
He thinks that he isn't worth the same as alblett which I agree with

I don't agree. Ablett is the better player. That's not the point though. Ablett is 28 and only has so many years left to give. Scully hasn't peaked yet but his potential is massive. Losing a 2nd year player like Scully in a team that is building around its youth is much more of a hit than losing a champion in a team of champions, and one that has already given plenty to the club.

clarkytim

Just Eddie being Eddie

Thomas has had 4 more years in the AFL. Scully will be twice the player Thomas is in 4 years time.....

Thomas 3rd most overrated footy player behind

1 Nick Maxwell &
2 Nick Maxwell

cortez

Also Thomas has only had 1 top 10 b&f finish in 6 years. I doubt that they will get that much for him lol

L3nnyHay3s

Quote from: fever on July 14, 2011, 12:58:05 PM
yes because he definitely needed the money...

i can honestly say i would not have taken the offer, but perhaps it's easy to say not being in the position, or perhaps i have a different set of moral priorities.

Then you sir, are a fool. If you were offered such a massive salary, say double what you currently earn (if you even have a job), you would reject it out of loyalty? Or cos you love your workmates?
Different story if he hadn't won 2 flags and a Brownlow with them, but he did.

cortez

It wasn't about the money. I guarantee you that if bomber left b4 Gary then Gary would have stayed. That is fact.