Main Menu

Daisy

Started by cortez, July 14, 2011, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

Just on Ablett, let's not forget that the Senior coach was not speaking to the star (and slightly insecure) player all year. There was absolutely no sign of Thompson resigning so Gary thought, two flags, one brownlow, I owe this coach nothing I'll take the cash. I think that is part of the reason Geelong feel so betrayed by Thompson as it was a double hit.

Certainly Daisy has an amazing relationship with Malthouse (almost father son type stuff) it will be interesting to see how this translates to Buckley.

bunyip

I think it will come down to money, Cruis. relationships aside, if GWS through enough money at Daisy he would have to go wouldn't he?

Cruiseon

Quite possibly Bunyip. The point I was attempting to make was that Ablett had the money factor AND a coach who was treating him like shower. Daisy is likely to only have to consider the former.

PowerBug

Quote from: cortez on July 14, 2011, 04:01:32 PM
It wasn't about the money. I guarantee you that if bomber left b4 Gary then Gary would have stayed. That is fact.
That is fact. And when Gary heard Bomber left, he wanted to return, but AFL said 'NO'.
In that tone too.

On Daisy, Gazza is worth 2 draft picks, Scully will be worth 2 as well, GWS won't give away 3 to anyone, not even Gazza. I say Daisy is worth the 5th pick that GWS get, so pick 7.

Spite

Quote from: clarkytim on July 14, 2011, 02:52:32 PM
Just Eddie being Eddie

Thomas has had 4 more years in the AFL. Scully will be twice the player Thomas is in 4 years time.....

Thomas 3rd most overrated footy player behind

1 Nick Maxwell &
2 Nick Maxwell

People still think he is overrated? Still? Anyone see his 26 disposals in 2 and half quarters against north? Anyone see him single handily beat Adelaide this year? There are so very few players that can impact a game as much as daisy. And those players are superstars eg Goddard has that effect.

Sure he doesn't deserve 4 1st picks, but yes, he 100% deserves 2 1st round picks and will be worth more than scully at the end of this year.

Spite

Daisy BOG against Carlton.

Boomz

Obviously Eddie knows he's not worth 4 first rd picks all he's getting at is Scully is in no way worth 2 first rd picks. He's good but who knows he may never reach his full potential where as Daisy is an established gun already so he should be worth more.

AFEV

Quote from: BOOMZ on July 18, 2011, 07:29:58 PM
Obviously Eddie knows he's not worth 4 first rd picks all he's getting at is Scully is in no way worth 2 first rd picks. He's good but who knows he may never reach his full potential where as Daisy is an established gun already so he should be worth more.
This. I think you guys mis-read that article :P
Why should Melbourne double their money (or players) with a player in his second year of footy who has already had some issues with injuries?