Sidewaysing???

Started by pinochio, July 13, 2011, 02:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinochio

is sidewaysing andy swallow (with bad form, finals bye and team getting smashed) such a bad idea with 7 trades....for someone who is byeless as well???....ill have to anyway down the road.....

options are nicky dal with 3 other saints, daisy with 2 pies or thompson with no crows???

have only D7 left to upgrade but that is no rush as I have stanley/heppell rotating thought it...

am i crazy for even thinking of this kind of trade???

thx

The Grundles

Premiums are premiums for a reason...Swallow will come good dont u worry

Never sideways trade unless injury strikes  8)

Sida

You would think with boomer 'possibly' missing 2-4 weeks due to his thumb that andy will have to go the extra mile in the midfield.. but than again...

Nails

Quote from: The Grundles on July 13, 2011, 02:52:02 AM

I don't think Andrew Swallow ever has been a premium...

Premiums for mid are 104+ avg IMO

Swallow only ever averaged 100+ a few weeks at a time, he's sooo overrated IMO

Possumo

Quote from: Nails on July 13, 2011, 03:52:12 AM
Quote from: The Grundles on July 13, 2011, 02:52:02 AM

I don't think Andrew Swallow ever has been a premium...

Premiums for mid are 104+ avg IMO

Swallow only ever averaged 100+ a few weeks at a time, he's sooo overrated IMO

He has had poor patches, but he was averaging 115 over a 5 week period prior to his recent poor scores... and people were talking him up then ;) Agreed though, wasn't my best pick this year (along with Hayes!), but at least I started with Mitchell and Selwood (:().

ronl

It seems to me the trouble with players like Swallow and Cross is that they are "outside" midfielders in that they position themselves and the ball then needs to find them, rather than them going in, getting it, and forcing it out a la Sam Mitchell or Jobe Watson. These outsiders are especially susceptible to being tagged out of matches pretty easily, which often happens to Swallow.

pinochio

swallow for daisy, dal santo or thompson is the best option???

i think i might trade having the luzury of 7 trades and a compete team bar D7 (which is heppel/stanley who are goning awesome!)...

BGK

Personally if I had 7 trades I would do it. But I'm not as keen on some of your options. I wouldn't be surprised to see Daisy rested for a game late in the season. I banned Dal from my team. When he is going well he is great but he can have such crappy games thrown in there too. The same can be said for Thompson. If your going for league can I suggest Rockliff or Redden. I've had Rocky from the start and apart from his injury he has been awesome. Never gets tagged and gets heaps of the ball. His bye in the Multi helps too.

SLICE n DICE

do it swallows a dud and will get the tag 100% of the time now that boomer is out i wouldnt expect anymore then 70-80 from swallow for rest of the year

glam77

I saving my last few trades for sideways trades.... for finals.

simmie777

I should have gone with my gut two weeks ago when the change over from swallow to swan would have cost me $1,800.  The only thing that stopped me was only having 4 trades left.  It also depends on your league/ overall goal.  If you are going to make your league finals pretty easily, I would leave the trades in the bank for now. However, if your going for the highest overall rank, trade the boy out and get someone else who will average at least 20 pts more!

pinochio

Quote from: bestguykai on July 13, 2011, 10:37:28 AM
Personally if I had 7 trades I would do it. But I'm not as keen on some of your options. I wouldn't be surprised to see Daisy rested for a game late in the season. I banned Dal from my team. When he is going well he is great but he can have such crappy games thrown in there too. The same can be said for Thompson. If your going for league can I suggest Rockliff or Redden. I've had Rocky from the start and apart from his injury he has been awesome. Never gets tagged and gets heaps of the ball. His bye in the Multi helps too.

the 3 i have mentioned are the only ones i can afford (413k) and i dont want anyone else with a bye tbh, im in overall/league comps :)

daisy has only been back for 3 rds after a 2 week holiday, dals been ripping it up and ye thompson prob is the one im least thinking of...

thoughts???

demon_spud

I think it's okay to sideways if your setting up for your finals, since most people will be sidewaysing in the finals when prems get rested and to cover this years byes.

That's what the trades in finals were for, grabbing the best prems to win your matches.

Just have to think when is too early.  Sidewaysing out a North Prem to secure the first final win is a must, as long as its for someone who will tear it up for the rest of the finals.  Hodge, Mitchell, Priddis.

North play Freo, Saints and Richmond in the final rounds.  If Swallow will tear it up in these games, keep him, if not, get someone better.

Dal Santo has the blues in the GF, and last 4 games aren't perfect.

pinochio

hawks playing suns in rd 24 is abit overrated imo, esp at metricon...

swallows b/e is like 125 hence he will go down even further while nicky dal and daisy will skyrocket with b/e of 65 and 90 respectively

only problem is if daisy will get rested???

so ye down to daisy or nicky dal???

hally25547

save your trades and maybe consider trading him out in his bye week if he still giving you shower scores