Who do we fear the most in September?

Started by mfc9, July 12, 2011, 10:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usman

i live with a Collingwood fan who went to the game last night who reckons they were hard done by?? looked completely opposite on TV i must say

bunyip

Hawthorn should have won, they just weren't quite good enough. Collingwood had fresher legs in the last quarter when it counted.

Usman

Fletch74

Ossie, your right the free kick total doesn't tell the story.

Whilst I agree with what Bunyip said with the Hawks losing the match, the ump's were inconsistent with when they awarded free kicks. The pies were awarded free kicks near goal and the Hawks didn't in front of both goals when they clearly deserved some.

ossie85

Very well maybe the case Fletch, I'm just confused why the media aren't reporting it, usually they are the first 2

Usman

Leigh Matthews was pretty much the only media personality to mention it.

TheMailman

Australian Rules Umpires aren't good. They're just inconsistent and I believe people have to deal with it. I would know, I'm a Sydney supporter  >:(

Usman

Hardest game in the world to umpire thats why

ossie85

Quote from: TheMailman on September 25, 2011, 07:23:25 PM
Australian Rules Umpires aren't good. They're just inconsistent and I believe people have to deal with it. I would know, I'm a Sydney supporter  >:(

they need to make it professional. pay them more, so they can do it full time

Ziplock

The actual AFL vl umpires (esp. for finals) get paid a more than fair amount, I would be estatic if I got paid that much for a couple hours work.

Source: word of mouth from friends who umpire :P

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on September 25, 2011, 06:20:51 PM

Very well maybe the case Fletch, I'm just confused why the media aren't reporting it, usually they are the first 2
i'm just ticked off that the umpires influenced the outcome of the game.

even after trying to let it go as a 'neutral' observer (i declare that some of the tripe that Eddie spouts off about gives me the showers) over the w/end, i just don't like how the game was not allowed to be played out.

Hawks didn't take their chances (Hodge miss, etc) and Pies may have been the better team coming over the top in the last quarter, but the umpiring decisions in that 4th quarter didn't let me see that ... so it just makes me suspicious of the Collingwood crucial free-kick bias that i reckon i've witnessed the last few seasons ...  ;)

"It's a conspiracy!" ... from BP:

Voldemort

you guys fear the Hawks the most, I mean, we should have beaten you

ossie85

Quote from: Voldemort on September 27, 2011, 02:47:35 PM
you guys fear the Hawks the most, I mean, we should have beaten you

Only 1 team left to fear now!