Who do we fear the most in September?

Started by mfc9, July 12, 2011, 10:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMailman

With a Sydeny Premil looking a high possibility you might have to remember how to beat them again.
6 points I recall last time and Sydney is in their best form this year  ???

pyronerd

Quote from: TheMailman on September 11, 2011, 09:39:45 PM
With a Sydeny Premil looking a high possibility you might have to remember how to beat them again.
6 points I recall last time and Sydney is in their best form this year  ???
I think out of anybody remaining in the finals, other than Geelong, Sydney have the best chance of beating the pies, the way they play means that they are always a really good chance of winning

bunyip

we say this all the time, the truth is though Collingwood are streets ahead of the other teams except Geelong. Collingwood will beat Sydney fairly easilly, assuming that they beat the Hawks of course.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: bunyip on September 11, 2011, 11:00:45 PM
we say this all the time, the truth is though Collingwood are streets ahead of the other teams except Geelong. Collingwood will beat Sydney fairly easilly, assuming that they beat the Hawks of course.
Hawks will get thru...

Grumen

The Pies shouldn't fear anyone.
They are the reigning Premiers and winners of last Day & Night Grand Finals.
The Army is on the march and you better not be in the way of it this September & October.
Once the hunter is now the hunted.
Go the Pies for 2011 Premiership!!!!

TheMailman

Quote from: bunyip on September 11, 2011, 11:00:45 PM

Ok but the perceived pressure will be on the pies to come through well.
It won't be like West Coast. With the form Sydney is in Collingwood can't afford to switch off for a quarter just ask the Cats in 2005 Semi  ;D

bunyip

i hear ya, but Collingwood are not likely to do that. They'll try to beat Sydney (or Hawthorn) by as much as they can. Thats just what they do.
Buddy's injury has changed things. I'm not saying the Hawks can't win without him, because they have, but, in a final you need all your guns firing.
If they can get past Sydney this week it would be a great effort.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: bunyip on September 13, 2011, 10:13:55 AM
i hear ya, but Collingwood are not likely to do that. They'll try to beat Sydney (or Hawthorn) by as much as they can. Thats just what they do.
Buddy's injury has changed things. I'm not saying the Hawks can't win without him, because they have, but, in a final you need all your guns firing.
If they can get past Sydney this week it would be a great effort.

But the times the have won without Buddy has been with Roughhead was there to take his spot. They have played without both of them only 2 times and I think they lost them both from the top of my head in the last 3 years.

TheMailman

All my opinion at the moment is that the Pies would much rather play against a Hawks team without Buddy (Face it, bone bruising takes weeks) than a full force Swans side

bunyip

You may be right.  I don't really think Collingwood care who they play.

j959

Quote from: bunyip on September 13, 2011, 11:43:13 PM
You may be right.  I don't really think Collingwood care who they play.
Mick would for sure ...

PowerBug

Quote from: TheMailman on September 13, 2011, 05:14:35 PM
All my opinion at the moment is that the Pies would much rather play against a Hawks team without Buddy (Face it, bone bruising takes weeks) than a full force Swans side
Yeah, it should. But do these teams tell the truth, is it bone bruising, or is it just a jarred knee? He should be back next week according to Hawks officials.

I want to see a Carlton vs Collingwood GF, just thinking of the stadium makes me twitch.

Memphistopheles

Collingwood haven't beaten Geelong this season and Geelong have managed their list a lot better than the Pies.

The Cats are the favourites for the flag in my eyes (and i'm an Eagles fan).

PowerBug

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 15, 2011, 02:01:27 PM
Collingwood haven't beaten Geelong this season and Geelong have managed their list a lot better than the Pies.

The Cats are the favourites for the flag in my eyes (and i'm an Eagles fan).
Well, they should've won the first meeting, and they gave up in the 2nd quarter in the second meeting, so i wouldn't rea into that bit much. But the Cats have managed their list better and should make the GF comfortably.

8-6 Suited

Not entirely sure how you come to the conclusion Geelong has managed their list better. Mind defining that to me?