Who do we fear the most in September?

Started by mfc9, July 12, 2011, 10:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

The way they have rested players throughout the season, giving everyone a go, and having their reserve players getting opportunity. Collingwood have done the same, but Geelong have been better at that over the year.

8-6 Suited

Well our key players weren't rested, they were injured, suspended or flew over to Arizona haha. :P So fair call.

bunyip

I have felt that Geelong have timed their attack on the finals perfectly. Collingwood have some issues with injured and underdone players. Mind you, that may not matter in the end because the players can rise above that sort of thing.
Geelong, for their part have no excuses. If we get beaten it's because the opposition team is better than us, it won't be a form issue.
The most exciting aspect from my perspective is the form of jPod, Tommahawk and Varcoe. Menzel was an X factor we will miss, but that just means Stevie J has to stand up and be counted.
I must admit though, I look forward to the Pre-lim with some hesitation. Both Carlton and West Coast present problems for us.

8-6 Suited

I'd say West Coast more so than Carlton present the larger problem.

Memphistopheles

I sure hope Freo announce Mick Malthouse as their coach after sacking Harvey.

Or at least that speculation runs wild about them getting him.

Should derail the Pies finals campaign nicely.

bunyip

We can only hope. It would take something pretty astonishing to divert the Pies from their quest for back to back flags.

PowerBug

Quote from: bunyip on September 15, 2011, 08:25:57 PM
We can only hope. It would take something pretty astonishing to divert the Pies from their quest for back to back flags.
Another Pies betting scandal would suffice :) ;) :P

bunyip

j959

"Who do we fear the most in September?" = Hawthorn.

if not for that 'free ride' from the umpires in the 4th quarter, Collingwood was gone ...  >:(

8-6 Suited

Quote from: j959 on September 24, 2011, 12:24:18 AM

if not for that 'free ride' from the umpires in the 4th quarter, Collingwood was gone ...  >:(

Yeah but it was expensive ride for the first 3 quarters when everything basically went against us.

Daisy could possibly be in trouble too for a head contact bump. Shall see on Monday night but he could be lucky as the MRP doesn't really suspend players prior to a Grand Final.

RiOtChEsS

Leroy Brown's two armbars in the goal square were the X factor...

Fletch74

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 24, 2011, 02:18:45 AM
Quote from: j959 on September 24, 2011, 12:24:18 AM

Yeah but it was expensive ride for the first 3 quarters when everything basically went against us.
I think the only thing that went against you in the first 3 quarters was your own players, they were outplayed. After that everything went your way. There were clear free kicks too Gibson and Hodge in that last quarter that would have been given any other day, but not against the Pies  ::)

Usman

as mucha as i hate Collingwood im not the type of person to say the umpiring was bad or favoured Collingwood but last night was tuely terrible on several occasions all over the ground. Hawthorn had one or two poor free kicks given their way but collingwood got free kicks when they shouldnt have or should have had given away free kicks on more then 10 occasions i would of thought.

ossie85

I keep see 'umpiring' posts everywhere, since I didn't see the game, I really can't comment, but the media don't seem to be commenting about it....

28-26 free kick count for the day btw, but yes I know that statistic doesn't tell the story.

MajorLazer

Ossie, it didn't seem too bad at the game, but on tv it can look completely different I guess.