Who do we fear the most in September?

Started by mfc9, July 12, 2011, 10:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Not worried about West Coast at all. Carlton in any elimination final would scare me. I reckon Geelong won't have the legs (compared to us) in september and I don't think they would come close to us either.
Not sure why but Hawthorn always always always make me nervous.

RiOtChEsS

Cruiseon

Chasers? I mean if you are going out and breaking team rules whilst injured at least go somewhere with a bit of class.

I think the obvious answer to this entire thread - who do we fear most in Spetember is clearly OURSELVES!!!!!

Keep it real Pies.

RiOtChEsS

stewfoss

am a geelong man myself and i do agree that we are collingwoods biggest threat. I dont think hawthorn is there right now anyway. and carlton needs another season before they will challenge you guys.
So, while geelong are your biggest threat, i gotta hand it to you - we may have beaten you earlier this season but i don't see anyone taking the flag away from you this year. Watch out for hawthorn in 2012 though!

PowerBug

Quote from: stewfoss on July 21, 2011, 08:41:59 PM
am a geelong man myself and i do agree that we are collingwoods biggest threat. I dont think hawthorn is there right now anyway. and carlton needs another season before they will challenge you guys.
So, while geelong are your biggest threat, i gotta hand it to you - we may have beaten you earlier this season but i don't see anyone taking the flag away from you this year. Watch out for hawthorn in 2012 though!
I see the Collingwood Football stopping the Collingwood Football Club from winning the premiership this year. They can only harm themselves now. (e.g. Heath Shaw)

Cruiseon

Can you believe the odds for Pies v GC games are, wait for it....... 1.01 and $16.00 in a two horse race. Never seen odds that long in AFL.

Shaw will want a nibble on that (just thought I'd get in first ;))

Cambo

Kicking at goal  :o is the only thing standing in the Pies way this season. Other than that we have the rest whipped  ;)...

PowerBug

Quote from: Cambo on July 22, 2011, 03:54:25 PM
Kicking at goal  :o is the only thing standing in the Pies way this season. Other than that we have the rest whipped  ;)...
+1

LaHug

The Mighty TIGERS!!!

But seriously, I think Geelong and Hawthorn are the only teams I'd fear if I were Collingwood.

Usman

Definately Geelong and Hawthorn

Comparing lists Geelong honestly are right there with Collingwood especially if hawkins and a few others continue to deliver.

Hawthorn may have a few little holes here and there but have X factor, id be backing Hawthorn all the way if it wasnt for roughead's injury especially when he was in such good form. I may still back in the hawks anyway they have players that can do damage to collingwoods press

PowerBug

Hawthorn have too many injures for me.

LaHug

Quote from: PowerBug on August 02, 2011, 12:01:25 PM
Hawthorn have too many injures for me.
Yep. That's the only reason I don't think they'll make the GF.

Wes Mantooth

Not saying this based on the last two Geelong results as they mean nothing but you have Geelong to fear.
They have the most to prove this season. Carlton? Pfft, dont make me laugh.