Heath Shaw

Started by mmurphy3, July 12, 2011, 08:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who to trade shaw for?

sam fisher
brett dieldio

mmurphy3

Heath Shaw at 325,000 looks so good but with only 4 trades should I go lower>shaw
Shaw with a B/E of 63 I think this is the lowest hell get ..should I use the trade and have 3 trades going into finals or keep the 4

elephants

Should probably read HeAter Shaw. I didn't know that Heath had a sister called Heather??

Yes Lower -> Shaw sounds good.

tappy21

Im gettin him this week for duigan. More straightforward for me cos i got 10 trades left but tricky for u. I wud suggest hold onto ur trades. Still potentially 8 games to play yet this season...

elephants

I have three trades. Therefore i can afford three injuries in eight rounds.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: elephants on July 12, 2011, 08:52:02 PM
I have three trades. Therefore i can afford three injuries in eight rounds.

Yes but murphy's law will say you'll get 5

elephants

BGK

Quote from: elephants on July 12, 2011, 08:46:37 PM
Should probably read HeAter Shaw. I didn't know that Heath had a sister called Heather??

I had a good old chuckle when I read this.

LE you say you've got 3 trades and I'm pretty sure your going for overall rather than league. What's your plan? Do you believe 3 is enough for the run home? I have 4 and keep thinking I've left myself short. My plan is to go Puopolo to Fisher in round 19 and use the last 3 trades for LTI's and sideways trades for the run home. I'd just like to know if you had or have a plan for the run home.

Also to answer the question. That trade looks good. Heater is having his best year even though he has been inconsistent at times. Or you could wait a couple of weeks to get Fisher who will be very cheap in a couple if weeks.

mmurphy3

bestguykai

my planm was to go lower to shaw..to complete my team

and leave 3 for finals

mmurphy3

going for league i am

Windigo

Shaw can be a league KILLER. Especially if the bloke you playing doesn't have him. Shaw can put in some real "rookie like scores" from time to time.

elephants

Quote from: Windigo on July 13, 2011, 01:12:38 PM
Shaw can be a league KILLER. Especially if the bloke you playing doesn't have him. Shaw can put in some real "rookie like scores" from time to time.
Risk it for the Biscuit ;)
Quote from: bestguykai on July 13, 2011, 09:08:15 AM
Quote from: elephants on July 12, 2011, 08:46:37 PM

I had a good old chuckle when I read this.

LE you say you've got 3 trades and I'm pretty sure your going for overall rather than league. What's your plan? Do you believe 3 is enough for the run home? I have 4 and keep thinking I've left myself short. My plan is to go Puopolo to Fisher in round 19 and use the last 3 trades for LTI's and sideways trades for the run home. I'd just like to know if you had or have a plan for the run home.

Also to answer the question. That trade looks good. Heater is having his best year even though he has been inconsistent at times. Or you could wait a couple of weeks to get Fisher who will be very cheap in a couple if weeks.
Cheers for the chuckle :)

I have 3 trades at the moment and i'm currently sitting in 900 and something.

I'm really happy with my bench cover and the such. I have all premiums starting (except Z.Smith/Bailey/Lobbe as second ruck).

My three trades will be solely for uncoverable or Long term injuries.
I doubt i'll cop three LTI's in the next eight rounds to really crucial players (touch wood) but i'm pretty sure 3 trades (or four for that matter) is enough.
My two cents worth :)

dmagnus

if you pick durable players who consistency play 22 games a season, too worries sticking with 3 this far out i reckon

elephants

BGK

I agree with elephants. 3 trades should be enough for the rest of the season providing you use them purely for LTI's. To this point of the season I have only copped 2 players that I felt I needed to trade because their time off was too long, Grimes and the Selwood suspension. Touch wood I don't get any more. I already have Shaw and he has been good this season but he is more suitable for overall as he can have poor games. As I said earlier Fisher is a much better option in a couple of weeks time and I will be bringing him in Rd 19.

thatguy

anyone thinking of bringing in Heath Shaw (I was one of them), hold your trade!

he is about to get suspended for betting on games.