Main Menu

The Origin or Inspiration For Your Username?

Started by Windigo, July 12, 2011, 06:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

QuoteThis is a great thread, learning all sorts of new things.

I knew I was onto something when I was reading "Danse Macabre" by S.K & about how he got his names for his stories. I though the same thing about user names.  ;)

Luigi197

Well...

Luigi - My name in Italian, one my favourite fictional gaming characters (not that i play many games), the colour green is my favourite colour, appears in my favourite series of games; and with an Italian heritage, like me ;)

197 - You can kinda guess what those numbers mean if you just think about it. CLUE: Dates, years, age :o

c4v3m4n

The Origin of c4v3m4n

Many years ago, my dad worked as an IT Securities expert. He taught me alot about hacking and I thought to myself, "What would a cool hacking name be?"

I struggled to come up with one, until my mum came into my room, and said, "Are you ever going to come out of this cave of yours?". Then it clicked. Caveman.

And then just to put a geeky twist to it, i substituted the a and e for 4 and 3, respectively.

There you have, c4v3m4n. I've used it for nearly every username ever since.

LF

mine is self explanitary i love football and i couldn`t think of anything else when i signed up :)

DazBurg

mine is my nickname in r/l

bout 9 or 10 years ago one of mates just got bored of calling me Daz or Dazza since my name is Darren so he started calling me DazBurg
then when everyone started calling me that
he call me DazBurger some times
but said it funny way too he'd say Dazboygurger

lol

so DazBurg has stuck as my nick and use it all the time now

Bazinga

My addiction to The Big Bang Theory was the inspiration behind my username   :)   

My DP represents my favourite scene ... Series 3  Episode 14  -  The Einstein Approximation    8)

hawk_88

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 13, 2011, 02:42:37 PM
The Origin of c4v3m4n

Many years ago, my dad worked as an IT Securities expert. He taught me alot about hacking and I thought to myself, "What would a cool hacking name be?"

I struggled to come up with one, until my mum came into my room, and said, "Are you ever going to come out of this cave of yours?". Then it clicked. Caveman.

And then just to put a geeky twist to it, i substituted the a and e for 4 and 3, respectively.

There you have, c4v3m4n. I've used it for nearly every username ever since.

Lets be honest here... you look like one too  :P

Justin Bieber

Some nice stories. Wish mine has some underlying meaning.

Off season I heard about the fanplanner a couple of seasons ago. Joined up to the main site and forum (for advice). Never thought I'd stick around for long so made a joke name. Hellopplz was the first I could think of (Who knows why) and I stuck around longer than I anticipated...

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 13, 2011, 09:04:24 PM

Off season I heard about the fanplanner a couple of seasons ago. Joined up to the main site and forum (for advice). Never thought I'd stick around for long so made a joke name. Hellopplz was the first I could think of (Who knows why) and I stuck around longer than I anticipated...

and everyone's FF experience has been richer and more enjoyable for the fact you have ;)

Bazinga

Quote from: DazBurg on July 13, 2011, 09:05:38 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on July 13, 2011, 09:04:24 PM

and everyone's FF experience has been richer and more enjoyable for the fact you have ;)

+1 to that   ;)

The Silent Partner

Well The Silent Partner is a name I use a lot on the net bit of mystique about it I guess. I saw it engraved on an old cupboard when I was like 10 or 12 and it has just stuck in my head since dont even know who wrote it but it is mine now.

Fletch74

Mine's simple because I've been told I look like Chevy Chase, and a movie of his that I liked growing up was Fletch, then the year of my birth.

Pretty boring really!!

AFEV

For those of you who don't know, this is Chevy Chase :ninja

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Fletch74

Wow, I've aged :P

Here is a pic of Sid :ninja

:P :P

AFEV

Quote from: Fletch74 on July 14, 2011, 12:40:35 PM
Wow, I've aged :P

Here is a pic of Sid :ninja

:P :P
85 year member -  Now that is loyalty 8)
I'm proud of myself :D