Main Menu

Scully 2012 GWS or Melbourne?

Started by MTTY, July 11, 2011, 08:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

I hate these rumors flying around. Personally i think he will stay.

AFEV

I reckon he is off.
It is a lot of money and if he were staying he'd come out and confirm that.
GAJ all over again.

Boomz

Quote from: Sid on July 11, 2011, 09:09:19 PM
I reckon he is off.
It is a lot of money and if he were staying he'd come out and confirm that.
GAJ all over again.

+1

elephants

bunyip

Just shows the dog eat dog nature of the league. Geelong were able to cover the loss of Gaz because of our depth, but Melbourne can ill afford to lose Scully.
Losing a number one draft pick who is an instant AFL star is a savage, and I think, unfair blow. Maybe the lower half clubs should have been allowed to nominate 3 or 4 players who are out of bounds. GWS are offering him more than probably any Geelong player is getting at the moment, and thats just rediculous.
I hope Melbourne get better compensation than Geelong did.

ossie85

I think the Demons are going to keep him. Most of the time I thought he was gone, but from Scully's enthusiasm about Melbourne, the 'third-party' loopholes (which are ridicolous btw), and the fact that GWS have not been able to grab an established star so far... I think Scully will stay.

$600,000 per year + sponsorship + able to stay at home, would probably keep me at the Dees.

hatta

As a Melbourne supporter I think and hope e goes, the best way to put a clubs morale down is with half hearted players.. Not to mention the struggles to resign Sylvia if Scully goes, I'd rather Sylvia and some 17 year olds ;)

Cicjose

he is a goner now bailey's out of picture.....

hatta

Cleaning out the club may want him to stay considering the timings with him being unhappy.. Still S.Martin, Gawn ands Sylvia are out of contract and I'd much rather them and 17 year olds rather than scully

AFEV

Especially considering Scully has already had a lot of injury issues :x

roo boys!

Well...you don't have to believe me, but a close friend of my dad's is well involved in football circles and just said that he had a meeting with Cameron Schwab the other day, and it was confirmed that Scully signed a deal to go to GWS for $1.2 million a year. Apparently signed the deal a while ago...

Sorry to the Demons supporters, and if this turns out to be wrong I'm happy to take the blame.

AFEV

Quote from: roo boys! on August 12, 2011, 09:42:06 PM
Well...you don't have to believe me, but a close friend of my dad's is well involved in football circles and just said that he had a meeting with Cameron Schwab the other day, and it was confirmed that Scully signed a deal to go to GWS for $1.2 million a year. Apparently signed the deal a while ago...

Sorry to the Demons supporters, and if this turns out to be wrong I'm happy to take the blame.
I am fairly sure that he is leaving, but that is a showerload of cash :|

roo boys!

It would take a fair bit for him to leave home you'd think.

North Melbournes Finest

If you'd wanted to resign with your club, you'd have done it by now Trengove style, he's gone.

Master Q

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 13, 2011, 09:16:17 AM
If you'd wanted to resign with your club, you'd have done it by now Trengove style, he's gone.
Same with Ablett. He's gone.