Main Menu

FFPL2: Round 1 Odds and Discussion

Started by Maca24, July 11, 2011, 06:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 14, 2011, 04:23:13 PM
Wow an upset first round. We werent quite expecting that from the favourite but the dark horse has claimed his first victim and continues looking for victims. Watch out Valkorum your next on the hitlist

Dont underestimate Roost - he has a good side.  I called it though - the partnership between Stevenson and Sheridan will make or break the innings.  A 3rd wicket stand of 232 guided the Roosters to victory

cookie311993

Bundy Bashers vs Gatha Scorpions Round 1
Key Match-Ups

Battle of the Spinners
Brock Lesnar(Maca) vs Raivata Vijaya(Cookie)
The match comes down to both these strike spin bowlers for their respective sides. Lesnar the cult figure for the Scorpions and being watched by national selectors looking to impress. While on the other side of the table Vijaya looking to make an impact for his new club in his 4th game for the club is looking to impress and become a cult hero for his new team

Strike Bowlers
Adam Downton and Craig Wilkie (maca) vs Eamon Johnston and Mohommad Zarar(cookie)
The battle of the new ball will determine the advantage the spinners have in this match. Both bowlers from Bundy bashers have come off a big Season 13 and a looking for another big showing. Maca's always reliable seamers are just as capable and can swing momentum their way.

This looks like an intriguing battle and play has started. with Gatha Scorpions losing the toss and being chucked in to bat first

Cookie Monster

It's going to be the battle of the seamers in one of the matches of the round today between Daz and I

Salah v Taufel

Who will take that cruicial early wicket? These are the bowlers who will be going for that, Salahs final match with the Heroics so he wishes to have a cracker, Taufel is a good overall bowler, His slowish pace can sometimes decieve the batsmen, but Salah's pace and the slower ball talent could win out.

Illango v Cudjoe

These are the bowlers who support the openers, Illango is Daz's best bowler and with his medium could also decieve the batsmen, but will the batsmen figure out all of his mediums? Herbert Cudjoe has been amazing playing for the Heroics picking up 11 wickets in his first 2 SOD, but i think Illango leading from the front should win this match up.

Flynn v Saitoti

Flynn is the Heroics second newest recruit, being a medium himself he could give some tips to the Heroics batsmen how to play them, Saitoti, is probably the second best bowler for Daz, so he needs a big game for his team if Illango fails with the ball, Flynn is an all-rounder, don't expect him to go his best. Flynn wins this match up.

De Blaauw v Gokaraju

De Blaauw is a young gun, with these type of young guns, they can be on and off, but with the quality batsmen of the Heroics, i think Daz would want him to be on tonight, Gokaraju on the other hand is the Heroics latest recruit and he seems to be a jet, hasn't played a match yet, so this being his first one, Gokaraju wins this match up.

Anderson v Toretto

Anderson isn't a pace bowler, but is quite good with the spin, the quality of the Heroics batsmen on a non spinners pitch could be hit around a bit, but spinners could pull anything out of the tricks bag. Toretto the left arm fast-medium bowler could be the game changer, being a left hand bowler he could decieve the batsmen on his preferred pitch. Toretto wins this match up.

The Quality Batsmen.

Julian v Sharp

The 2 captains, Sharp and Julian are the 2 X factors for both teams, these 2 guys are renowned for the 80-90 run match winners and should be in for a cracker, i can't split these 2 up.

Other Match Ups:

The Keepers
Ruchika v Bryant

The Quiet Achivers:

Mclauchlan v Manou

The Youngsters

Gordon v Black

The Jets

Ngilu v Ritula

The Experienced

Wilkinson v Walsh

bomberboy0618

That game was flowered, seriously my heart goes out to BP.
Ours will still be the best though.

cookie311993

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 14, 2011, 05:38:37 PM
Haha. What an upset though. 30k ratings deficit :o. That's just unlucky BP!

bomberboy0618

You will win tonight hp my team like losing while outrating the other team.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 14, 2011, 06:10:15 PM
Haha. What an upset though. 30k ratings deficit :o. That's just unlucky BP!

very true wish it was me with the victory i still owe him a few defeats...lol

gotta wait till 9:00 ftp time for me V Hilly

cookie311993

hopefully no slogging from maca in the final overs. under 250 is a good total

bomberboy0618

cookie311993

haha good luck to everyone playing in 56 minutes

McRooster

:o WTF??? Has anyone reported the bug ? That's the only explanation or maybe it appears that Ash did get my cheque and that he found out BP was sleeping with his Ash's Mrs  :P

The win has confused me however. I was hoping to use the loss as to who of my older, more expensive brigade should be put to market as I don't see me promoting at EOS with the League opposition I have  :-\

I now haven't lost since rnd 3 of Pav Cup last season, that's 40 match wins in a row  8)

Thanks BP for the match and providing the litmus as to where my side stands. I can't possibly foresee a repeat performance against the quality of this group.

My lucky day  :-[

Justin Bieber

AWESOME streak you got going Roost :o.

Maca24

Fantastic Roost! Making this competition interesting already.  8)
Bad luck BP, hopefully you bounce back next week.

bundy bashers Gatha Scorpions
Batting - Top Order: 11,184 9,978
Batting - Middle Order: 8,559 7,167
Batting - Tail: 3,617 3,541
Bowling - Seam: 11,312 (6) 9,441 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 9,609 (4) 10,807 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 8,500 8,769
Overall: 168,478 155,448

Cookie had a good win, well done mate. I got a sniff but you closed the door quickly.  :P
Lesnar was great with 1/21 from 10, but he didnt take enough wickets  :(
Strange as I had his first spell on aggresive  ???

Anyway 2 good Cookie.  ;)

McRooster

Maca, if you had just managed to get Gayle early it may have been a different story  ;)