Main Menu

Season 14 Pavilion Cup

Started by Cookie Monster, July 08, 2011, 11:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

End of over 50 (9 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(268-6) RR 5.36

Probably not enough to defend on a flat but oh well, wasn't expecting to win.
19 year old Kaden Temiz top scored with 77 not out from 80 balls, performing much better than the more senior first team batters. This kid will be a gun one day :)

Cicjose

0.1   W   Addison to Meghana : [catch] Short ball, outside off stump which Meghana tries to upper cut over the slips, but only succeeds in gifting a faint edge through to French who does the rest.
A. Meghana c D. French b. R. Addison 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

good start to defending 287

CrowsFan

End of over 25 (5 runs) - Howzat!(131-3). 138 runs required from 25 overs. RR 5.24 RRR 5.52
R. Sandy 5 (10b) , B. Angley 32 (37b) , J. Boraston 3-0-13-1

Hmm game could end up being closer than I thought it would be...

Nails

Would appear fairly well in the balance CF. The fact Sandy is still fairly new at the crease is to your advantage, if you could pick up Angley you'd be well on your way to a victory!

8-6 Suited

End of over 30 (4 runs) - Howzat!(153-6). 116 runs required from 20 overs. RR 5.10 RRR 5.80
D. Somasundara 1 (8b) , C. Allitt 0 (1b) , B. Mlambo 10-2-46-1

You'll be fine CF. :)

Nails

31.6   W   Orange to Somasundara : Somasundara tries to chop the ball to third man and feathers an edge to Argal!
D. Somasundara c K. Argal b. W. Orange 8 (16b 1x4 0x6) SR:50.00

All wrapped up  :D

End of over 40 (10 runs) - Howzat!(207-7). 62 runs required from 10 overs. RR 5.18 RRR 6.20
P. MacNamara 10 (15b) , C. Allitt 33 (41b) , W. Orange 10-0-41-1

Flat track... might end up being close...

Nails

42.5   W   Foley to Williams : Short of a good length delivery on the stumps, Williams makes room and takes a swing. The ball clips the top edge and balloons up to mid-on.
L. Williams c C. Josephs b. D. Foley 16 (24b 1x4 0x6) SR:66.67

Valk's match going down to the wire!

Valk needs 1 wicket, they need 5 runs!

End of over 43 (maiden) - Ar5eAr5eAr5e(166-9). 5 runs required from 7 overs. RR 3.86 RRR 0.71
J. Cranney 0 (7b) , C. Jamieson 0 (0b) , D. Foley 7-1-29-2

End of over 44 (maiden) - Ar5eAr5eAr5e(166-10). 5 runs required from 6 overs. RR 3.77 RRR 0.83
J. Cranney 0 (7b) , C. Russell 6.1-0-25-1
43.1   W   Russell to Jamieson : [catch] Oh dear! That's not the way to play a reverse sweep. Top edged it straight up in the air and a regulation catch.
C. Jamieson c P. McPhillamy b. C. Russell 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Valk wins! The opposition went from needing 5 runs w/ 2 wickets in hands to defeated! Nice win Valk.

Just checked ratings, out rated by 14K... nice... you were trying to not win weren't you?  ;D

CrowsFan

End of over 40 (10 runs) - Howzat!(207-7). 62 runs required from 10 overs. RR 5.18 RRR 6.20
P. MacNamara 10 (15b) , C. Allitt 33 (41b) , W. Orange 10-0-41-1

If I can just get this Allitt guy out I will feel a lot better. I'm kinda worried cos one of my bowlers bowling the last overs is a youth... :-\

Nails

40.4   1   Maloney to Allitt : [missed runout] Punched out to mid off and they'll have to be quick - the throw hits the stumps, but MacNamara is home. Then Allitt wants a second run, and charges halfway down the pitch before being sent back by MacNamara and Rees's shy is wide anyway. Absolute, total chaos!

41.2   1   Boraston to MacNamara : [dropped] MacNamara attempts to flick a full length delivery off his pads and skies it to point. Mlambo was camped under the ball for an eternity but somehow has managed to grass it. Boraston is furious as the batsmen have crossed for a single.

Hopefully they don't come back to bite you...

CrowsFan

Haha nails ;)

40.4   1   Maloney to Allitt : [missed runout] Punched out to mid off and they'll have to be quick - the throw hits the stumps, but MacNamara is home. Then Allitt wants a second run, and charges halfway down the pitch before being sent back by MacNamara and Rees's shy is wide anyway. Absolute, total chaos!

Grrrr >:(

41.2   1   Boraston to MacNamara : [dropped] MacNamara attempts to flick a full length delivery off his pads and skies it to point. Mlambo was camped under the ball for an eternity but somehow has managed to grass it. Boraston is furious as the batsmen have crossed for a single.

Double Grrrr  >:( >:(

Nails

Beginning to wish you didn't play Maloney, CF?

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on July 18, 2011, 03:29:02 AM
Beginning to wish you didn't play Maloney, CF?
Nah cos I want to pump the experience in to him. He will be acc/acc come end of season so is a great project for me. Plus never planned on winning this one haha ;)

Nails

That is 5 wickets for Boraston!
43.3   W   Boraston to MacNamara : Short ball, and hooked straight down the throat of the man in the deep! Out!
P. MacNamara c G. Warwick b. J. Boraston 20 (25b 1x4 0x6) SR:80.00

Boraston to the rescue? They were beginning to look on top, that pegs it right back for you though! 59% you should win this IMO

CrowsFan

Yeah Boraston on fire recently. Saved me during my SOD match on Friday with 4 wickets at the death and he could do it again here. Although another dropped catch isn't helping :(

CrowsFan

44.2   .   Maloney to McKay : [missed stumping] McKay plays for the spin but the ball goes straight on. Unfortunately Argal was also playing for the spin and misses a simple stumping chance.

And now my youth keeper stuffing up :(