Previous topic - Next topic

Will Ablett Play?

Yes
35 (68.6%)
No
16 (31.4%)

Total Members Voted: 2

LaHug

1202 with 8 to play... Will be lucky to come anywhere near 2000 (even 1900 would be fortunate).
I apologise for anyone I convinced to make Ablett captain. But really, it did seem the best move at the time.

Edge

if his out longer then 4 weeks, i'll be forced to think about trading him
but i think ive got enough depth to cover...

midfield would look like    Judd Swan Pendlebury Boyd Hodge Kerr (Mzungu Hibberd Ablett)

and forwards would look like   S.Johnson Chapman Sylvia Franklin NRiewoldt Pavlich ISmith (Didak, Dixon, Howe)

with next 8 weeks byes
Hawks - Hodge
Port - No One
Brisbane/Rich/Syd - No One
Bulldogs - Boyd
North Melb - No One
Geelong - SJohnson, Chapman,
Carlton - Judd
Essendon - No One.

looking at that i should be fine til finals time .
Im already top of my league so, im guaranteed a top 2 finish , with an easy run home, so hawks and bulldogs byes wont hurt .... geelong or carlton could be where i need a trade.

(This is of course a best case scenario.... if players get injured then im screwed)

Edge

if his out for an exteded time... how about

Ablett OUT - JOEL SELWOOD IN

(most people would have traded him out when he got suspended, so this could give people the edge... although 2nd week finals bye would put alot of people off..)

LF

depending how long he is out for i'll go ablett to swan.otherwise i'll mpp one of my 6 backs into my mids.

BigV

If Gazza's gawn for the season, I could possibly go Redden, Rockliff or Hodge as they'll not miss the DT Finals. In a very good position to win one of my leagues. What options are possible as I got Pendles, Swan, Murphy, Mitchell (will be a popular trade-in) and Boyd in my side?

Edge

Trade for joel Selwood? or too risky with finals bye ?

Zarts

the only real injury that would take him out until next season would be a severe bone breakage (like barlow's).

I say he has no chance of being rested. 

BigV

Quote from: Edge on July 10, 2011, 12:44:45 AM
Trade for joel Selwood? or too risky with finals bye ?

If you're in the top four, then go ahead. But if you're outside the top eight in three leagues, then it's a no for me.

Try something unique like Priddis.

Edge

im top of my league, 1 game clear of 2nd and 2 games clear of 3rd and 4th. . lol

Spite

Quote from: LaHug on July 09, 2011, 11:56:18 PM
1202 with 8 to play... Will be lucky to come anywhere near 2000 (even 1900 would be fortunate).
I apologise for anyone I convinced to make Ablett captain. But really, it did seem the best move at the time.

THANK YOU LAHUG! Because of your thread, I saw that Ablett as captain had 40 votes and micthell had 1. So as I like to stray from the most popular option if there are actually more than one decent option available, I generally go for the outsider. So I went Mitchell over GaJ this week. Although last weeks Boyd over Gaj didn't work out too well...

elephants

CFC 1979

8 rounds to go. if he is 4-6 GCS will probably mothball GAJ for the season

oh well Mitchell and Hodge are in stellar form if need be

hope you all got trades left

LaHug

If it had happened next week, we could all just jump on Hawthorn players. However, the bye this week makes things tougher.

CFC 1979

i'll be getting the GU to cover then make my call in 2 weeks

Flame

Quote from: LaHug on July 09, 2011, 11:56:18 PM
Not your fault...after 175 he was a dead cert for skipper. Swan was my VC..

Mitchell will be my replacement if he is out for a while!!