What should I do with my Forwards/Rucks?

Started by LaHug, July 08, 2011, 05:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Ruc: Cox, Z. Smith (McCauley, Tippett)

Fwd: Goodes, Harvey, Chapman, Franklin, Petrie, Riewoldt, Pavlich (Dawes, Richardson, Howe, [I. Smith DPP])

Trades: 5, Cash: $21,600

Essentially, with Dawes being a lot less than what I thought he would be and Z. Smith slowing down, I feel I either need a new Ruck so as to keep Petrie forward OR a new forward so that Petrie can move back to the rucks. A new forward would probably be the best because it'd make the North bye easier.

Forward options
Sylvia (bye this week, BE ~105)
or anyone cheaper (no good options :()

Ruck options
Mumford
Kreuzer
Hille
Jolly
Ottens
or anyone cheaper

Other options
Downgrade/upgrade and afford absolutely anyone in either position
Don't bother trading and trust that Z. Smith is good enough

What should I do?

Flame

I am thinking of going smith to lobbe to free up some cash. Just worried it could be too risky!? I have 8 trades left sii could take the risk. Are you thinking of that trade?

LaHug

Quote from: Flame on July 08, 2011, 06:08:42 PM
I am thinking of going smith to lobbe to free up some cash. Just worried it could be too risky!? I have 8 trades left sii could take the risk. Are you thinking of that trade?
With 8 trades left, that's a good move.
With my situation (5 trades) it seems to be a bit of a waste as I wouldn't be using that cash. Unless I do the downgrade/upgrade option but that would leave me with only 3 trades which is becoming very dear...

Spite

Sylvia except it won't help you this round...

LaHug

Quote from: Spite on July 08, 2011, 06:26:31 PM
Sylvia except it won't help you this round...
That's what I was thinking but I'm worried he won't turn his form around.

Spite

Maybe J Kennedy next week if he drops enough? After Geelong, all of his last games are against pretty easy team...

LaHug

Quote from: Spite on July 08, 2011, 06:40:44 PM
Maybe J Kennedy next week if he drops enough? After Geelong, all of his last games are against pretty easy team...
Could be a good pick up. I think I'll leave it for this week and see what happens.

Ago97