Main Menu

Started by meow meow, July 08, 2011, 04:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

This is a thread to discuss ideas for next year.

Who will be on the Brian Lake bandwagon?

Who will be on the Shane Tuck bandwagon? It's not difficult to figure out why I mentioned him.

Who will be on the Cameron/Bruce/Israel/Patton/Coniglio/Jesus bandwagon?

Who is an underperforming player in 2011 that you've got your eye on?

Who will be first picked for you next year?

jfitty

Best thing about next year will be no byes! Thank goodness for that

- Brian Lake is a maybe for me. Depending on where he ends up and what sort of preseason he has. A fully fit Lake should see him get back to a 90+ average

- I think yes. He has the potential to be a top 20 midfielder (SC scoring wise) if given the chance. Hopefully if he goes to GWS we can pick him up as a 5th midfielder to start the year at ~300K

- Not so sure on these guys just yet, wait to see their preseason numbers first

- Plenty of under performers in the forward line this year. Nick Riewoldt, Didak, Jonathan Brown could be steals next year. Maybe even Michael Barlow if he doesn't play too many more games this season. Lenny Hayes is another midfielder. Will probably slow down on the scoring, but could be a cheap pick up if he can average 90-100

- First picks will probably be Ablett and Pendlebury. This season I started with strong forwards and backs and a weaker midfield. Going to do the opposite next season

cortez

Not taking any risks next year. My players will be Prems and rookies. Nothing else. No players that won't deliver. Proven performers and thats it!

Quote from: jfitty on July 08, 2011, 04:34:58 PM
Best thing about next year will be no byes! Thank goodness for that

- Brian Lake is a maybe for me. Depending on where he ends up and what sort of preseason he has. A fully fit Lake should see him get back to a 90+ average

- I think yes. He has the potential to be a top 20 midfielder (SC scoring wise) if given the chance. Hopefully if he goes to GWS we can pick him up as a 5th midfielder to start the year at ~300K

- Not so sure on these guys just yet, wait to see their preseason numbers first

- Plenty of under performers in the forward line this year. Nick Riewoldt, Didak, Jonathan Brown could be steals next year. Maybe even Michael Barlow if he doesn't play too many more games this season. Lenny Hayes is another midfielder. Will probably slow down on the scoring, but could be a cheap pick up if he can average 90-100

- First picks will probably be Ablett and Pendlebury. This season I started with strong forwards and backs and a weaker midfield. Going to do the opposite next season

i started with a weak midfield in 2010 and a strong one this year.  and i am worst off.  stupid motagna, cross, bartel and swan for getting injured.

to me a must is ablett, swan, cox, sandilands, and pendles.

Dunham29

I will be looking at my rookies more

eg. not throwing in Atley, Richardson, Batchelor, Thompson

Weak midfield so you can stack up on midfield rookies which are the best: Curnow, Libba, Heppell, Hibberd, Smith, Mzungu, Swallow, Harris

Bennyy

You never know for sure which rookies will be the best tho! Sometimes theres a little luck involved. Not many would have picked Curnow before he started pumping out 100s.

I will be interested to see Israel Folau. Will get that cheap price tag but Karmichael has been no good fantasy wise. May scare some off but who knows he could go great!

Also plenty of rookies this year who didnt get a game who will be ones to look at, 2nd year players ie the tapscotts of this year who have had a 2nd pre season under their belt. Jed Lamb comes to mind. Freakishly talented half forward. If he doesnt get a game before seasons end he has to be looked at! Im sure there will be others too

ajjewell

I think the best thing about next year is going to be no byes to deal with, I am definitely going the prems and rookie strategy again and even considering loading up on premium midfielders possibly starting the year with 6. If Tuck does end up at another team I believe he will be too good of an opportunity to pass up, I also think Nroo will have a blinder and make up for the shower season he has had this year and Jack Watts will be a must have player in your forward line

chrism9377

abit early but is anyone else thinking of players like cotchin, redden or others as premiums for next year?

meow meow

I'm thinking Ablett, Selwood, Montagna who will all be cheaper than they should be, due to ultra low scores due to early injuries effecting their 2011 averages, thus effecting their 2012 starting price. Coondog too, due to being used as the sub one week.

Locinator

Im Thinking Swan, Pendles, GAJ, Tuck, Hayes and Redden in Midfield! 3 Premiums and 3 Who will Rack up 90-110s! Sound Good?

meow meow

Who's paying? Good luck fitting that into your salary cap.

Locinator

Quote from: meow meow on July 10, 2011, 12:36:59 AM
Who's paying? Good luck fitting that into your salary cap.
I Probably be Able to Afford It Without Redden I reckon! Just Hoping That we get 11 Million Salary Cap Next Year!

MTTY

My planned midfield for next year is

Selwood, Pendlebury, Griffen, Murphy, K.Stevens, Morabito
(D.Shiel, Brad Harvey(D/M)(Brisbane))

mophead222

Lake, Hayes, Barlow, Winderlich, Didak, Brown, Tuck.

Bargains?

meow meow

Lake definitely. Hayes will be risky as he is an old man now. Barlow should be a bargain, but might end up like Nathan Brown. Winderlich will be the same as always. Didak has been exposed as the fraud he is, and might not even be in Collingwood's team next year. Good skills, no heart. King Lion should benefit from Brisbane being a better team next year with the return of Staker, a fit Drummond, continued improvement from Redden, Rich and Rocky. Tuck will be the biggest bargain of all when he gets traded to GWS and forms a devastating combination with Scully and Shiel (Jesus).