Main Menu

Started by meow meow, July 08, 2011, 04:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gava Magpies101

alright thanks so much everyone, yeah i was thinking from WestCoast Shuey and Swift. Both have tonnes of potential and can score goals.

cortez

Isn't there a thread with the same name talking about the same stuff as this?

charliesheen

Quote from: cortez on July 13, 2011, 12:56:31 AM
Isn't there a thread with the same name talking about the same stuff as this?

having redundant threads is pretty normal here!

far too early.  One thing is for sure, I am going to have to back my judgment a bit more and follow the preseason more careful.

In terms of team structure, I will be most likely going lighter in the back premiums next year.  Been so unpredictable these backs.

cortez

I know it is. I am on here a bit.... Thank you for combining them by the way. And it's simple for me no risks on mid range players. Either Prems or rookies

tom_scully

Think I will save myself a heap of time next year, not do any research in the preseason, then just come here and copy someones RMT :P

4-8-15-16-23-42

Levi Greenwood will be premium next year Bookmark it, Remember where you heard this first.

cortez

Who will be the best midfield option for gws next year out of Thomas scully and ward?

meow meow

Quote from: 4-8-15-16-23-42 on July 14, 2011, 06:23:27 PM
Levi Greenwood will be premium next year Bookmark it, Remember where you heard this first.

Bullcrap

cortez

lewis

I was on roughy from the beginning till he got injured perhaps an mpp role for him in the ruck?? I'll be on him again If that's the case. Reid from the swans as a mid pricer back possibly worth the crack. Perhaps salopek from port and Vince from the crows. Just a thought peeps obviously several more but will require preseason observations

Talisman

Saw a post by Windigo on the FF homepage/DT forum page that really got me thinking...

Players I wish I'd got/had from the start:
- Fyfe from the start - got him about a third of the way into the season
- Pav
- Stevie J
- Embley early on
- Goldstein & McEvoy in ruck
- Ryan Griffen
- Curnow form the start
- Danny Stanley

Players I wish I'd never gone near:
- Atley
- Richardson
- Toy
- Josh P. Kennedy (very disappointing)

But it also got me thinking about which teams have been disappointing from the point of view of providing consistently high-scoring players...

And I came to the realisation that I think for me season 2012 will be the first year since I started playing SuperCoach 3 years ago that I could easily start the season with not one Geelong player in my team (Selwood, Bartel huge let downs, Enright very inconsistent, Chapman's output well down, Stevie J the only shining light...) - collectively they were a team that produced SuperCoach gold, but I think that's over now.

I will however, be again loading up on players from Collingwood, Hawthorn, Carlton, with a smattering of top-tier talent from West Coast, Freo (once their injury curse breaks) and St Kilda. And like this year with GC, my rookies next year will mainly come from GWS...

What are other people's thoughts looking towards next season?

jasonweare

I'll be going mainly prems and rookies. Alot of mid pricers are duds. I'll be loading up on pies, rookies that show the preseason form and selected for round one. Not all from GWS. I only had Stevie j from start, no other Geelong
, maybe only him and selwood next year. Pendles will probably be my first locked in

ronl

It will be interesting to see which third year players take the "big next step" to true premium status...ie Scully, Martin, Redden, Rockliff, the ones that immediately spring to mind.  They would be replacing some of the "old guard" ie the likes of Bartel, Chapman, Simon Black, etc.  It should be fun to see and maybe pluck one or two.

2 large cokes

a couple of mid pricers I'll be looking very closely at will be Luke shuey, Leon Davis (if he's a backmen) and David zaharakis. any thoughts on these 3? Marc Murphy will be a lock for me next year and nds!

Talisman

Reckon I could lock in Marc Murphy, Pendles & Swan for Rd. 1, 2012 right here & now (injuries notwithstanding of course) for my starting premium mids. With the other options I'd look at being GAJ, Judd, Priddis & maybe NDS...

My other thought is to load up on mid prems from the outset as much as possible, as they do the bulk of your scoring - so try to lock in 6 starting premium mids ASAP in the early stages of the season. Also, have 2 premium rucks to start round 1, as they can score as well as mids now, under the new scoring system giving their numbers huge weighting.

Of course not all of my rookies will be from GWS, but having said that a large slice of them probably will be.

I do like Leon as a back, but not sold on his consistency.

Next year I am determined to not get suckered into mid-pricers like I always do - they just are not worth it - end up trading them anyway. Therefore, season 2012 will be the year of the premium/rookie strategy for me!!