Main Menu

The Chad (*Now with exciting poll*)

Started by PowerBug, July 07, 2011, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

At least he wanted to be playing, some of our side were like ... Melbourne.

McRooster

Injury set back looks like delaying any sort of 'farewell' match for The Chad.

PowerBug

Quote from: McRooster on August 01, 2011, 10:35:22 PM
He's injured?

McRooster

Quote from: PowerBug on August 01, 2011, 10:36:42 PM
He's injured?
Just saw before on a news headlines grab  :'(

*goes to look for a link, BBS....

PowerBug

Be quick! "Can of Worms" is starting now.

McRooster

I'm watching Amazing Race finale.

Ok, so the cheeky news grab made you think Cornes was injured by stating 'injury set back stalls Cornes farewell match' but in fact they were referring to Schulz's injury likely to keep him out for the season, thus Cornes will take Schulz role till end of year and NOT have his finale match v Collingwood.

nas

Naughty Chook!!

PowerBug

Yeah, i had a feeling that's what it would be. Really unfortunate for Schulz.

Zarts

he should go to GWS

not even joking :P IMO, he's good for another one or two years, and his skills etc. could prove invaluable at a fledgling club.

PowerBug

He has years in him. Just stay at Glenelg and get them to multiple Grand Finals, coz Centrals will keep winning!

McRooster

I hear he may even take on a Nathan Thompson style of role with Beyond Blue to help raise awareness for men's depression.

Contrary to the image of arrogance he seems to display on field he is quite the opposite in real life. Chad has again revealed tonight his massive self doubt issues that he has, not only about football performance but about life in general. He is quite the private character and found it dificult to step out of the shadow of his father's legacy.

This weekend the floor is all yours Chad. Walk tall, hit hard and go out with your head held high as you are one reason I pay to go and watch football, you bring it everytime champion!

*Normally I don't support violence of any kind, but if Daisy Thomas' face happens to get in the way of your fist I don't think the MRP can really do too much can they  ;)

PowerBug

I like the Daisy comment McRoost :D

Poll just added for Chad next season.

powersuperkents

Cornesy has been an inspiring player In Port and one of, if not the greatest player in Port Adelaide history. I always knew Chad would retire before even thinking of leaving the greatest club of all time (unlike others cough cough Shaun Burgoyne). Chad served Port well and deserves to retire in peace. Now we need to focus on the future. Players like Gray, Westhoff, Pittard and Lobbe and hope their atleast half the player Chad Cornes was.

nas

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 05, 2011, 06:34:07 PM
Cornesy has been an inspiring player In Port and one of, if not the greatest player in Port Adelaide history. I always knew Chad would retire before even thinking of leaving the greatest club of all time (unlike others cough cough Shaun Burgoyne). Chad served Port well and deserves to retire in peace. Now we need to focus on the future. Players like Gray, Westhoff, Pittard and Lobbe and hope their atleast half the player Chad Cornes was.

Tredders & Wangas may disagree with you there.