who do i get in for dawes?

Started by Ryno101, July 07, 2011, 10:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryno101

Spinking

Show who you already have, trades remaining and $ in the bank.

Blueboys

thatguy

Chuck Norris. so he can give you a roundhouse kick to the head for jumping on board him in the first place after 3 games to start the season!

mike_3456

fyfe/ROK/Cloke/Buddy/Petrie/chapman/johnson ?

Wacky Tiger

One from Left field.   Mark LeCras

Windigo

Travis Cloke. Is dominating & won't stop with Dawes gone.......

Andrew

I'm getting Lobbe for Dawes so I can play Petrie forward... Lobbe then becomes 3rd ruck when Sandi returns averaging 115 (or so the plan goes).

Ryno101

Andrew

To the above poster: who covers Petrie's round 21 bye? Maybe Dawes -> Lobbe would be a move to cover that but it'll leave you thin in the forward line. Grab Callinan (M/F) soon so you can swap O'Keefe/Mzungu into your forwards. Time to start using those trades.

BGK

Sorry bud, but what on earth did you do to that poor team? You have some major problems there. You've missed all the good cash cows by the looks of things. Im guessing its your first year. So basically your probably going to need to use some trades to 1 build some cover and 2 improve your team. 9 trades remaining is a problem.

The Lobbe trade is probably the first one you need to do. Its going to help cover in 2 positions and frees up some extra cash.

The next trade i would probably do is Richardson to Jonathan Brown. Bit left field but he is cheap and he was once a premium and i can see him turning his scoring around.

Next week i would probably look into bringing in Talia for Webster. Hopefully he can keep his spot in the side for the rest of the year and provide you with cover.

Your second trade for next week i would try to trade in a fallen premium such as Bartel, Cooney or the likes for Jetta. I think, Hopefully, you will have enough cash to get this done. If not i would hold this until the following week and do McCauley to 80k ruck than pick up a fallen Premo mid.

Your still probably short on cover in the backs and forwards.

I would look to sideways one of your 80k midfielders or forwards to Callinan when he is fit again too.

Hope it helps a little. You have your work cut out. Good luck.

Quote from: Andrew on July 08, 2011, 02:14:03 PM
To the above poster: who covers Petrie's round 21 bye? Maybe Dawes -> Lobbe would be a move to cover that but it'll leave you thin in the forward line. Grab Callinan (M/F) soon so you can swap O'Keefe/Mzungu into your forwards. Time to start using those trades.

There are donuts all over the show during finals so its not going to matter about covering Petrie.

Andrew

Quote from: bestguykai on July 08, 2011, 02:38:13 PM
Quote from: Andrew on July 08, 2011, 02:14:03 PM

There are donuts all over the show during finals so its not going to matter about covering Petrie.

Only prelim final week looks like a problem to me with all his Carlton players (that being said he did pick the best 3). In the short-term he needs to be getting O'Keefe & Mzungu into the forward line, so Callinan would be perfect for that. I think with the amount of trades he's got, he may as well sell one of the 80.4k forwards for Callinan. Hang onto Richo for another fortnight at least as he needs all the price rise out of his cash cows as he can get!

There's still the basis of an alright team there if he uses his 9 trades wisely, Dawes -> Lobbe first step and seeing as it's a League bye hold off other trades until next week.