what to do for dt finals??

Started by tappy21, July 07, 2011, 12:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tappy21

Hey guys. First things first, im seeking league glory only. Im trying to plan how many trades i will need for the rest of the year and am wanting to know what people are planning on doing with players from north, cats, blues and bombers during dt finals. Prob of most concern for me is prelim week in rd 23 when ill have gibbs and murphy out with the bye. 2 guns, both in best team for GF the following week.

Is the best option to sideways trade these guys to the best available at the time? OR gamble and bench em for that week?? I dont think its ideal to bench guys like gibbs n murphy and rely on guys like mzungu or callinan or stanley to do a job in a knockout prelim however. OR do i buy a premium dpp bench cover before finals??

Thoughts??

Cheers

Fireballz

To help you we need to know your trade situation, finances and possibly have a look at your team. Gibbs being mid/def means you can swap him around but the bottom line is, unless you have like 15 trades left then most people will have prems on the bench during finals.
Most teams have Gibbs, many other have Scotland/Judd/Murphy, and there'll be a fair few team inconvenienced by Geelong's bye.

I don't understand posts where people say that they don't care about finals byes but are going for league victory because good forward planning will put you at a huge advantage to your opponent.

Lobbus

I have Gibbs and Murphy too also only going for League. Most people would have Gibbs so Murphy is probably the only real issue.  If you have the luxury of spare trades to sideways trade Murphy, why not. I have only 3 trades left - tried to maximize premiums early, so saving them for finals. I'd probably look to upgrade to another premium and bench Murphy. Good luck

Spinking

I'm going to try the tactic of putting a premium bench player in to try and cover this. I'm looking at having Goodes come in as a 7th Mid, 8th Fwd as an upgrade from Knights. 

Fireballz

Quote from: Spinking on July 07, 2011, 08:20:12 AM
I'm going to try the tactic of putting a premium bench player in to try and cover this. I'm looking at having Goodes come in as a 7th Mid, 8th Fwd as an upgrade from Knights.
Goodes as an 8th forward? That means putting him on the bench you realise. There is no such greater insult to the 2-time brownlow medallist and premiership player!

Spinking

Quote from: Fireballz on July 07, 2011, 09:46:23 AM
Quote from: Spinking on July 07, 2011, 08:20:12 AM
Goodes as an 8th forward? That means putting him on the bench you realise. There is no such greater insult to the 2-time brownlow medallist and premiership player!

:)
He's a champion player, but since moving down forward hasn't been reliable enough to be a lock in for DT IMO... I'll have him in the lineup this week though when he smashes out a 150 v GC

tappy21

yeah ive got 11 trades left. will be getting fisher, shaw and suckling into my backs in the coming weeks but everything else set for finals team providing no more injuries or suspensions. therefore ill be down to 7 trades left by round 18 or 19 all going to plan.

ive decided that ill likely sidewards murphy to j selwood or ablett at rd 23. ive designed my team to have many dpp options such as lids, gibbs, goddard, goodes, pav, sylvia (hibberd, jacobs, mzungu, callinan, prestia) so ive got a lot of flexibility so depending on what happens week to week i can shuffle guys around.

ive got stevie j who with some luck wont need to trade or bench if i avoid the rd 22 game. and also petrie (+ the dpp link) in rd 21 but ill likely trade him out for another forward providing my rucks are solid.

so i guess theres potentially 4 trades there, plus a couple more up my sleeve for luck so maybe in my case 6 or 7 is the magic number heading into finals