Previous topic - Next topic

Is he worth getting in for Z Smith

Yay
4 (22.2%)
Nay
14 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Memphistopheles

So with Ryder's confidence returning with a great performance against Geelong i'm tossing up whether he should be on my radar or not to trade in for Smith.

The rule with trading is get fallen prems at their lowest price and before they rise and Ryder is in this position at the moment. The question is, i guess, - is he a fallen prem. Or is he just a spud. Or has DR DT cursed him?

At this point he would be a straight swap for Smith, plus you gain $22,300 cash, which is always handy.

But with a BE of around 60 and a price of 274,600 he could quickly jump out of that price range should he ton up this week.

In fact given I have limited cash reserves and Smith is set to drop in price, he could be out of my price range (for a straight swap) if I wait a week and he smashes out a big hundred - which means it's now or never.

PS - going for overall so don't worry about finals bye.

So am I crazy, or could this actually be a good plan. I traded in Ablett, Swan and Enright when they were around their lowest price and that worked out well - could this be the same, or do I ignore the fallen prem rule for Ryder.

thanme

I wouldn't at this stage mate. I have him, but I have since the start. He'd need a couple of big scores in a row before I'd be comfortable enough in trading him in. Also, the GF bye is a bit annoying.

Justin Bieber

At the start of the season I accidentally got cox instead of ryder and look how good that ended out.

Bosh

Dont trade Smith for Ryder off one good game. Is smith to Griffin an option?

yorgis

smith to griffin yes. ryder not at this stage

chaosAD

If Ryder stays playing in the ruck he is a G U N ! Get him !

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Bosh on July 06, 2011, 02:53:03 PM
Dont trade Smith for Ryder off one good game. Is smith to Griffin an option?

Not a good one - Griffin will be out of the team as soon as Sandi is back.

PowerBug

Not off one good game.

elephants

Mr Adams

Seems like a wated trade to me. I've had him all year, and have been super disappointed. He'd need another 100+ games before I would even consider it mate.

Plus, Smith (GC) have no byes left. Ryder (Bombers) do, and at a shower time.

The Grundles

Quote from: elephants on July 06, 2011, 04:49:13 PM
Ryder = 2012 GEM

Everyone said that this year and despite a few good scores early and last week it has been nothing but pain :(

elephants

If he is less than 300k jump on. Especially if forward/ruck.
He was always a risk when cox/sandilands/Petrie/smith all on offer this year.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: elephants on July 06, 2011, 09:40:31 PM
If he is less than 300k jump on. Especially if forward/ruck.
He was always a risk when cox/sandilands/Petrie/smith all on offer this year.

I avoided him from the start and had Cox and Sandi.

But, now I don't think I want to rely on Smith and Bailey as my second ruck and I would like to keep Petrie in my forwards (kinda need him there until Buddy is fully fit). I want someone to score more than 70 avg a game

Ryder saves me a trade and gains me a bit of cash.

Otherwise I can get in McEvoy with two trades.

browny_wce

if Bellchambers stays out of the side then Ryder is a shoe in!

chatters24

Quote from: browny_wce on July 07, 2011, 02:47:23 PM
if Bellchambers stays out of the side then Ryder is a shoe in!

You stole my thunder browny! I have Ryder and I'm just praying that Bellchambers stay's out of the side in a dt sense, bc if he comes back in they Ryder will rarely feature in the ruck and will return to his 70 avg per game!