Main Menu

The AFL's 19th team

Started by c4v3m4n, July 06, 2011, 12:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

The AFL decided to look abroad for a new team and instead of opting for the advised New Zealand team they picked the Fijian Cannibals to join the league.

Logo

Jersey

hawk_88

Nice work C4! The only concern would be the similarity in the colours with the Suns. That is allowed in the AFL, however when starting a new brand a goal to gain traction would be distinct choice in colours. Love the logo. Would like to see, if you had the time, a guernsey that has more "shark" in it if that makes any sense.

CrowsFan, same as C4, the similarity in colours to the Tigers could be an issue. I think making the scratches much larger, like they are almost a sash and are cropped a bit would be really effective.

Will do mine this weekend.

c4v3m4n

Don't forget to get your entries in as this competition closes 11:59pm this Sunday night!!

PowerBug

I don't have a gurnsey designed as i can't use that stuff, but the Darwin Tsunamis has a nice ring to it.

upthemaidens

well i always thought melbourne should relocate to tassie to become the "Tasmanian Demons"
and north melbourne become a NT club based out of darwin and called "Northern Kangaroos"

hawk_88

Damn it! Totally forgot about this. Will have to rush something up.

hawk_88

Had a spare hour so I rushed something up... wish I had more time to refine this stuff, especially the logos as I enjoy doing this kind of stuff but free time is so hard to find  :(

Allow me to introduce the..... *drum roll*

Home - white shorts

Home - coloured shorts

Away

Clash

Album of the rejected ideas: http://imgur.com/a/IhqZT

ossie85

in awe hawk!! Seriously well done

roo boys!

CrowsFan

Great stuff hawk. Put's my ones to shame :-[

Just out of interest what program do you use to make them? I only have a mac so are there any good programs out there you could suggest for me? I was using a program called Pixen to make mine...

hawk_88

I use the Adobe Suite which is available on Mac. For these ones I used Photoshop and Illustrator.

It isn't cheap though. I have a copy through work, but in the past I have been to known to use a less than legal copy...

To stay above board, you can use a program called GIMP which a select few claim is better (and are wrong mind you). It is open source and free and still very good, probably the best free product you can use for graphic design.

CrowsFan

Thanks hawk. Don't really want to pay for anything so will have a look into GIMP :)

Chichos

Maybe instead of having Tasmania, have Hobart. Because theres not team called queensland or western australia or victoria thats all domestic cricket stuff.

Hobart sounds better as it blends in

Zarts

yeah, but few states suck as much as tassie :P

c4v3m4n

As the competition is now closed, this thread will be locked.

Voting will take place here:

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,42179.msg530291.html