Main Menu

The AFL's 19th team

Started by c4v3m4n, July 06, 2011, 12:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Hey everyone, c4 here.

After finishing my dynasty draft, I quickly whipped up a logo and guernsey for what I called the "Tasmania Stallions".

Logo

Guernsey

It got me thinking, who would be interested in a competition to create a logo and guernseys for the AFL's 19th team? It doesn't have to come from Tasmania (like I did), you could choose the New Zealand Knights, the Perth Stingrays or whatever. That part is up to you.

You'd have until the end of this month to come with a logo and three guernseys (home, away, clash) for your new team. The logos will then be placed in a thread for the public to vote on.

So, who's in?  ;)

PS. For the guernseys, just search 'afl guernsey template' in Google Images.

Entrants

c4v3m4n
CrowsFan
hawk_88
Cjcjose
North Melbourne's Finest

Due Date

Sunday 31st July, 2011 at 11:59pm.

North Melbournes Finest

Great logo and name (Well name is alright), but jerseys look horrible, I'm sorry man.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on July 06, 2011, 12:30:24 AM
Great logo and name (Well name is alright), but jerseys look horrible, I'm sorry man.

The guernsey was only a spur of the moment thing. Took me 5 minutes to create just using fill on MSPaint. I'm sure if I had a month I'd do a lot better than that.  :)

elephants

I like it!
I always thought that Tasmanian Tigers sounded great but of course some knob from the fake tigerland in Richmond stole that name.

CrowsFan

Alright I'll whip one up at some stage :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: elephants on July 06, 2011, 12:42:45 AM
I like it!
I always thought that Tasmanian Tigers sounded great but of course some knob from the fake tigerland in Richmond stole that name.

If anything, they'd be the Tasmania Devils. They were competing in the VFL up until a few years ago until the were withdrawn due to re-forming of the Tassie Football League. I can't see them calling it anything else. I just like being different. ;)

fidou

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 06, 2011, 12:49:07 AM
I like it!

If anything, they'd be the Tasmania Devils. They were competing in the VFL up until a few years ago until the were withdrawn due to re-forming of the Tassie Football League. I can't see them calling it anything else. I just like being different. ;)

It would be perfect to keep it to 18 teams. So that would mean a relocation and I'm sorry Richmond the only team that can go to Tassie is the Tassie Tigers. Its a win wim Richmond keep there nickname and its a natural name Tassie Tigers!!

m0nty

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 06, 2011, 12:27:43 AM

Blue and green should never be seen, except with something in between.  :o :o :o

hawk_88

A great rule Monty, but rules were meant to be broken. If you understand the reason for the rule then you can know when it is appropriate to break it.

In this case though, the rule fits  :P

I'll do it. Obviously not for a little while, just hit Amsterdam  ;D

c4v3m4n

Quote from: fidou on July 06, 2011, 04:57:19 AM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 06, 2011, 12:49:07 AM
I like it!

It would be perfect to keep it to 18 teams. So that would mean a relocation and I'm sorry Richmond the only team that can go to Tassie is the Tassie Tigers. Its a win wim Richmond keep there nickname and its a natural name Tassie Tigers!!

What about relocating a team that's already entrenched there...

....the Tasmanian Hawks has a nice ring to it.  :D

Quote from: m0nty on July 06, 2011, 06:04:03 AM

Blue and green should never be seen, except with something in between.  :o :o :o

Wasn't aware of that rule. But as hawk_88 said, rules are made to be broken. ;)

Wes Mantooth

When it comes to colours actually, rules should be broken. I'm a designer, trust me.

Use a colour wheel guys and don't hurt my eyes again!

North Melbournes Finest

Could probably be a good idea to get the logo colour to match the uniform colour, and just have the name "Tasmania Devils".... ;)

Wes Mantooth

Zarts

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on July 09, 2011, 07:04:09 PM
errr... that's a sabre
It's whatever I want it to be. Because I want it to be a Tassie Devil, it's a Tassie Devil.