Main Menu

Indoor AFL

Started by c4v3m4n, July 05, 2011, 08:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Currently on Tuesdays, I play indoor AFL out at Cranbourne, Victoria. Yes, there is such thing as indoor AFL. Yes, it's awesome.

I'm wanting to start up a second team on Monday nights, and I'm wanting to know if anyone here would interesting in playing?

I'm after about 4 players. Games run for about 30 minutes and it costs $10 a week to play to cover court hire and insurance.

Maca24

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 05, 2011, 08:18:15 PM
Currently on Tuesdays, I play indoor AFL out at Cranbourne, Victoria. Yes, there is such thing as indoor AFL. Yes, it's awesome.

I'm wanting to start up a second team on Monday nights, and I'm wanting to know if anyone here would interesting in playing?

I'm after about 4 players. Games run for about 30 minutes and it costs $10 a week to play to cover court hire and insurance.
Ive played their before. great courts :) love the kool surface.
I would play but its a bit far to travel. What nights?

Holz

out of interests is there any tackling involved in indoor and what is the surface like.

Nails

Quote from: Maca24 on July 05, 2011, 08:48:49 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 05, 2011, 08:18:15 PM

Ive played their before. great courts :) love the kool surface.
I would play but its a bit far to travel. What nights?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Holzman on July 05, 2011, 09:16:05 PM
out of interests is there any tackling involved in indoor and what is the surface like.

There is no tackling, you can't bounce the ball and you only have a few seconds before you have to dispose of the ball.

The courts are like outdoor grass tennis courts.

And yeah, Monday nights. :)

elephants

Sounds awesome!
It's a bit of a trek from WA though :)

Maca24

LE its awesome. The games are played in a big net.
Goal posts are stuck onto the net at each end.
Pretty sure the positions are similar to netball?

Master Q

Mate plays it. Never been to a Indoor Footy place though... How high can you kick?

elephants

Hmm I'll do some research. Hopefully there's some clubs around Perth!

c4v3m4n

Just finshed up. Lost by 5pts. :( Came back from 50 odd points down too. Annoyed we didn't get the win. A guy on the opposing team got sent off for rough conduct. That was funny.  ;D

Quote from: Maca24 on July 05, 2011, 10:04:39 PM
LE its awesome. The games are played in a big net.
Goal posts are stuck onto the net at each end.
Pretty sure the positions are similar to netball?

Sorta. You have only 6 players on the field (though I have heard some comps allow for 8). 1 full back, 1 full forward and 4 midfielders. The fullback and full forward are restricted to their own half but the midfielders can run anywhere.

Quote from: Master Q on July 05, 2011, 10:07:26 PM
Mate plays it. Never been to a Indoor Footy place though... How high can you kick?

Good question. Probably the height of a standard football goal post I'd reckon. Not 100% sure on that one.

Quote from: elephants on July 05, 2011, 10:11:27 PM
Hmm I'll do some research. Hopefully there's some clubs around Perth!

It just so happens there is.  ;) Kingsway Indoor Stadium in Madeley has Indoor AFL. Definitely look into it. Great fun.  :D

Holz

Quote from: elephants on July 05, 2011, 09:59:20 PM
Sounds awesome!
i wonder if there are any leagues in wa

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Holzman on July 06, 2011, 12:03:57 AM
Quote from: elephants on July 05, 2011, 09:59:20 PM
Sounds awesome!
i wonder if there are any leagues in wa

As I was saying in the previous post, Kingsway Indoor Stadium in Madeley has an Indoor AFL league.

RiOtChEsS

:o damn id be keen as...

the no tackling would suit my 2 thrashed knees and i could get my footy fix 8)

doubt there is any in VH tho :( id have to travel to Adelaide ::)

c4v3m4n

How's this for a laugh...

...I googled 'Indoor AFL' and the sixth one in the list was this thread!   :o  ;D  ;D

Justin Bieber

Cranbourne I could do. Getting there though is a bugger. Parents wouldn't want me travelling alone on the train at night :-X. Haven't played any form of AFL for close to like 6-7 years except for backyard kick to kick :P.