Worth trading Lower this week?

Started by Davoo, July 05, 2011, 02:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davoo

is it worth trading lower this week to a gun defender? hes got a bye this week but i want a good overall score. Who should i be considering to get? worried about carlton's bye in dt finals though in the case of getting scotland or carrazzo.

dtboy

i traded with for heath shaw this week but if you have enough players this week trade him for stefan martin from the melbourne demons he is probalbly been the most consistant backliner over the last few weeks and has had a $100k price rise maybe the last week to claim him

Davoo

yeah, might be shaw but worried for his inconsistency. yeah, got to agree that martin is looking very good

upthemaidens

to make the most of the trade you would be better off getting in someone who doesnt have any byes left.   there really aint many good backmen in DT this year,  is the rest of your team complete? if not maybe look at other areas.
have u got fisher?
the hawks backline seem to get alot of cheap ball, so maybe one of them  suckhole/birchwood/white-x, but since they have the bye after next ,its probably not ideal

kfewster

Goddard or fisher would b the two id look at, neither has a bye in the finals i dont think.

I traded lower ---> goddard last week, well worth it

dtboy

Quote from: kfewster on July 05, 2011, 03:22:58 PM
Goddard or fisher would b the two id look at, neither has a bye in the finals i dont think.

I traded lower ---> goddard last week, well worth it
+1
i got godard at a cheap price and he delieves great scores put godard ahead of shaw on your list suckling is also another great option

HTL

I was going to go lower > shaw but I'm $200 short  :( hopefully Shaw won't get his BE this week and I'll do it next week.

Note: I've already got Fisher and Goddard.

GoldDigger

Quote from: dtboy on July 05, 2011, 02:36:47 PM
i traded with for heath shaw this week but if you have enough players this week trade him for stefan martin from the melbourne demons he is probalbly been the most consistant backliner over the last few weeks and has had a $100k price rise maybe the last week to claim him

Melbourne also have a bye this week, so hold the martin trade for at least a week.

Davoo

got fisher and goddard and suckling. i think the best idea is to go with someone whos finished with their byes as well. so its either wait or go shaw this week. Mids are done, rucks, got lobbe, petrie and cox which means i could permanately have petrie in the rucks, allowing me to do another forward upgrade. the thing is, no one is ready to go (howe, richardson and id like to keep prestia and mzungu's dpp). i guess i could get in callinan fr one of them...

upthemaidens

how many trades u got and cash?
u can wait on callinan for atleast 2 to 3 weeks(injured)  unless it was just for cash and u dont need him to play.
if u have your heart set on trade this week, then i would say heath shaw
other left of field options maybe  gilbert or bock... lower to gilbert actully makes u 10k(i think)

or a really crazy idea........  just dont trade

plugz19

yeh just hold em mate

(your trades that is)

Davoo

okay. ill hold the trades. i think i just like trading every week to get a better team. howe's BE is 60 because he loses his 105 in round 3. only 210k at the moment but should continue to make money after this week.

Davoo

8 trades with like 163k in the bank.

upthemaidens

ok so u dont need callinan for cash, and 8 trades is probably more than most..  umm get shaw,,  hes pretty much in the best 7 defenders in the comp.   

Davoo

i really want a good overall so i might do the trade this week even though it might only be a little bit higher than hibberd's score. pretty good price too. it will leave me with 110k in the bank and thinking of getting callinan in anyway so i can upgrade howe a bit later and still have some spare cash. im in a good league and kin of just want to get in the eight so doing a few good trades in the next few weeks, i hope i can make it