Boyd to Ablett

Started by joshas182, July 05, 2011, 11:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshas182

So this isnt for a couple of rounds yet, but my last regular DT round matchup is the top-placed team in my league. I am currently 2nd and we both have Matty Boyd who will have the bye that weekend. I still have 11 trades at the moment, looking to double trade in my backs to pickup Fisher or Suckling after the Hawks bye so will leave me with 9 trades.

In order to get the edge in this matchup I was just thinking of trading (possibly might need a double trade) Boyd out for Gablett and then having GAJ through-out my finals campaign. Is this a good strategic move? Should I do it sooner rather than later as Boydy has had a few average games the past 2 weeks?

My mids at the moment : Boyd, Swan, S.Thompson, Pendlebury, J.Selwood, Thomas (I.Smith, Mzungu, Prestia)

The F.A.R.K.

ummm seeems a bit of a waste. there isnt another person u could trade to ablett

BGK

Waste of a trade. You should have done it for Selwood all those weeks ago. It might help you win the match but it's not going to give you a massive reward over the rest of the year.

Ermaz

ridiculous even contemplating it, stop wasting posts

tappy21

Quote from: Ermaz on July 05, 2011, 12:52:08 PM
ridiculous even contemplating it, stop wasting posts

correct. horrible trade. not worth it. move on pls...

Chopps

U need to. Cover selwood in finals why not get albeit with a double now and have 7 mids

Chelskiman

If you're second you should still make top four, so it's really not worth it.  Boyd is a gun and even thinking about getting rid of him is insane.  As has been said, if you really must get Ablett in then swap Selwood for him (that's what I did two weeks ago).

dtboy

Quote from: bestguykai on July 05, 2011, 11:32:02 AM
Waste of a trade. You should have done it for Selwood all those weeks ago. It might help you win the match but it's not going to give you a massive reward over the rest of the year.
+1
i traded selwood for shiels and a. swallow for ablett an it has been a massive reward over the last few weeks

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Chopps on July 05, 2011, 01:18:50 PM
U need to. Cover selwood in finals why not get albeit with a double now and have 7 mids
i agree with this if u must have Ablett

dtboy

Quote from: Marcz on July 05, 2011, 02:34:36 PM
Quote from: Chopps on July 05, 2011, 01:18:50 PM
i agree with this if u must have Ablett
+1
without ablett your screwed

Justin Bieber

Joshas if you have money in the bank then is sac smith will be 300k by round 19 and you could use that money to pick up ablett. Or even just trade out Thomas since you have 3 collingwood players which could risky.

LEV

you watch, boyd will fire out a 140 this week and ablett will get 120. then what?

LEV

Quote from: whatlez on July 05, 2011, 11:30:19 PM
Or even just trade out Thomas since you have 3 collingwood players which could risky.

why is that risky? collingwood have had their two byes.

Spite

At the conclusion of round 18, make sure you can double trade I.Smith to Gablett. You may need to just use a trade to make money somewhere but it would leave you with 6 trades for finals, and if you win the first final, 6 is all you need.

Fireballz

Quote from: LEV on July 05, 2011, 11:44:24 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 05, 2011, 11:30:19 PM
Or even just trade out Thomas since you have 3 collingwood players which could risky.

why is that risky? collingwood have had their two byes.
I assume he meant in case collingwood get flogged (unlikely), then having 3 players in a losing team will have their scores affected. If that is what he means then I disagree.
Selwood to Ablett is the best option but should have been done weeks ago. Boyd to Ablett is ridiculous. What if Boyd has an absolute blinder in that match and you traded him? Boyd's a champ!