Some Good Luck And Planning

Started by Master Q, July 05, 2011, 12:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Thought I'd post the trades I've done the past 3 rounds.

ROUND 13
OUT Mundy ($341,800)   IN Martin ($350,600)
OUT Derickx ($92,500)   IN Bailey ($128,600)

ROUND 14
OUT Goddard ($338,600)   IN Ablett ($457,500)
OUT Riewoldt ($305,800)   IN Callinan ($80,400)

ROUND 15
OUT Darling ($214,400)   IN Franklin ($416,600)
OUT Matera ($199,400)   IN Karnezis ($92,500)

9 Trades Left.

Andrew

YUCK - Goddard -> Ablett? N.Riewoldt -> Callinan? You sold Riewoldt before Darling?

Only trade I like out of them is Matera -> Karnezis, sorry...

Master Q

Quote from: Andrew on July 05, 2011, 12:16:34 AM
YUCK - Goddard -> Ablett? N.Riewoldt -> Callinan? You sold Riewoldt before Darling?

Funny cause it worked. Goddard was out of form and I had to jump on Ablett before the ship has sailed. Roo was out of form so went him to Callinan for cash and gave me good cover.

Plus I had trades to burn.

Fenno

Quote from: Master Q on July 05, 2011, 12:18:56 AM
Quote from: Andrew on July 05, 2011, 12:16:34 AM

Funny cause it worked. Goddard was out of form and I had to jump on Ablett before the ship has sailed. Roo was out of form so went him to Callinan for cash and gave me good cover.

Plus I had trades to burn.
Sorry Q I tend to agree. Goddard was starting to hit form and I thought that was showing and I wouldn't have traded Reiwoldt before Darling either

Master Q

If I didn't trade Roo before Darling I couldn't get Ablett.

Chelskiman

Ablett is in great touch, but you have got rid of two premiums to bring in one.  It could work for you, but there's no way I'd have done that just to get Ablett.

Fenno

Quote from: Master Q on July 05, 2011, 12:26:00 AM
If I didn't trade Roo before Darling I couldn't get Ablett.
I just did the maths and thats not true

BGK

Q I think your credibility is going out the window. They have to be the worst trades I've ever seen. Talk about rookie trades. I cant believe you give advice when your making trades like those. We may have to start calling you Master sideways. You say you had trades to burn but why throw them away? You have 9 trades left with a so called set team. I would like to see this set team, how about posting it up.

ZEDDOG

Wow a few left field here.
Not wanting to be mean but honestly I would want 0/6.

Goddard and riewoldt out now?
2 premium guns over last few yrs, who essentially bottomed out in price.
I would think time to get them  in not out.

Sell high buy low not other way round.

Windigo

I don't see how Ablett will score 200+ points a week to offset the ousting of God & Roo.

Upgrading Derickx to Bailey?

Here are my trades the last 3 rounds:

ROUND 13

OUT Mundy ($341,800)    IN Mitchell ($388,000)
OUT Selwood ($427,000)    IN Ablett ($434,500)

ROUND 14:

OUT Lower ($285,600)    IN Shaw ($363,000)
OUT Heppell ($285,400)    IN Scotland ($389,400)

ROUND 15
OUT Puopolo ($235,100)    IN Fisher ($360,500)
OUT Bewick ($165,300)    IN Callinan ($80,400)

Wish I didn't trade Heppell but it's one of those trades I rolled the dice on. I failed on that one.  ::)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,40035.0.html

Master Q

Round 13 Trades were sideways? Everyone have a crack at him...

I'm really looking forward to Roo and Goddard doing badly the next few weeks. I think they will.

See, if you put it this way:

IN:
Martin (Premium Mid)
Bailey (Ruck Cover, which I needed when Cox,Sandi or Smith were out)
Ablett (Gun)
Callinan (Forward Cover, which I needed)
Franklin (Premium Forward)
Karnezis (Forward Cover, also gave me so cash)

OUT:
Mundy (Injured)
Derickx (Doesn't play)
Goddard (Had a Bye when I had multiple donuts, plus scoring badly. Also let me grab Ablett)
Roo (Sinking Ship + Scoring Badly)
Darling (Injured and needed cover)
Matera (Bad Scoring)

bomberboy0618

Windigo's trades were alright Q, but you didnt keep a little faith. Just because you have trades to burn doesnt mean you have to burn them.

Master Q

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 05, 2011, 10:47:22 AM
Windigo's trades were alright Q, but you didnt keep a little faith. Just because you have trades to burn doesnt mean you have to burn them.
I kept faith with Goddard and ROO for 14 Rounds. That's keeping faith.

BGK

Yes they were sideways but Mundy LTI and Selwood suspended for 4 plusa finals bye. Windigos trades look good.

Your trades don't look good at all. Martin is not premium mid. Premiums don't average 92. Goddard is a gun BACK, that's where he should be in your team. His scoring is returning to premium too. Roo is down on previous years but how is Callinan going to score for you now that he has done a hammy. Yes getting Ablett and Frankilin is good but they should have been upgraded from rookies. You made really really poor decisions by sideways trading them out. I'm surprised that you've made such rookie trades.

How about posting your team and rank?

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Master Q on July 05, 2011, 10:59:38 AM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 05, 2011, 10:47:22 AM
I kept faith with Goddard and ROO for 14 Rounds. That's keeping faith.
They are called premiums for a reason Q. I could have traded Hurn, but I kept a little faith and he turned it around.