Trade Options for this week

Started by roo boys!, July 04, 2011, 04:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

I'm heading off to sunny Noosa tomorrow, not sure if I will be able to get internet connection or not so I have left a trusted friend in control of my team in the situation that I can't access it.

So, I am trying to finalise trade options early so I can then tell my friend to complete them once checking teams for me.

The players that I want to get in over the next few weeks are Cox, Ablett, maybe Lobbe/Cooney/Bartel.

Team is as follows:
Deledio, Newman, Gibbs, Goddard, Bock, Heppell, Puopolo (Duffield, Toy, Guthrie)

Swan, A.Swallow, Judd, Hodge, Bewick, Jacobs (Moloney, Pavlich, Irons)

Petrie, Smith (Sandilands, Spencer)

Franklin, Chapman, Higgins, N.Roo, Didak (he back?), Lynch(GC), I.Smith (Mzungu, Rioli, Richardson)

Obviously it looks quite depleted for the multi-bye round, but just assuming when it is as full strength Puopolo, Bewick, Jacobs, Lynch and I.Smith would all be on the bench. With Sandilands, I have three options IMO.

Sandilands option 1:
Trade him straight to Cox.
Trade one of my forwards for J.Tippett or maybe Lobbe and swap them with Petrie into the forwards, then Cox onto the field for them.

Sandilands option 2:
Trade Sandilands to Lobbe.
Trade Jacobs to Cooney/Bartel and save cash OR get Pendles for Jacobs.

Sandilands opton 3:
Trade Sandilands to Moran.
Trade Jacobs to Ablett.
next week:
Trade one of my forwards to J.Tippet
Trade Zac Smith for Cox

What are everyone's thoughts/ideas?

charliesheen

How much cash & trades is left?

Don' trade in Moran :O

roo boys!

9 trades, $44,700.

Moran was just an option, just to get heaps of cash and sit him on the bench using MPP between Petrie and J.Tip/Lobbe. Better than all the other cheapies because he actually gets games now and then :P

charliesheen

your going league only right, so you don't care about this round's score?

roo boys!

I am going for league, but wouldn't mind a decent score to help me climb the rankings a bit this week. But I am not going to trade to avoid a donut or anything. Just trying to get Ablett before he goes up in price, same with Lobbe.

charliesheen

I think Bewick is ~ same price as jacobs so I would use him first.  would also use a cheap 90 k ruck if thats the direction you wanna take.

I dunno those trades will bring you down to 5 trades, but your bench is really weak, no real source of cash cows or good coverage.

Going to be tough 1.

roo boys!

What are your thoughts on Rioli?

charliesheen

Quote from: roo boys! on July 04, 2011, 05:32:11 PM
What are your thoughts on Rioli?

depends on the situation.  keep him if possible.

i dunno, can't get my head around which is going to be the best option in the 'long term'.   neither are really ideal.

rookie selection, and cash generation is really killing you this year.  I think you held on to trades too much, should have grabbed guys like Iles, etc.

roo boys!

Probably, yeah. I missed a few, but also got onto a couple.