Quick poll - which of these options is best

Started by Memphistopheles, July 04, 2011, 02:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Option 1 or options 2

Option 1
Option 2

Memphistopheles

It's time to say goodbye to Zac Smith, but which move should I make.

Option 1: Smith--->Lobbe and upgrade Lower to a prem and Knights to a real prem. (3 trades â€" leaves me with 2 left)

Option 2: Smith--->Lobbe and Bailey --->McEvoy. (2 trades â€" leaves me with 3 left).

Windigo

So your counting on Lobbe to be your 2nd ruck. His played 2 games. Lions & Nth. Admittedly he was playing against Goldstein....

Hm I dunno.

Fenno

Don't trade save the trades. any less then 4 trades for the last 9 rounds is just asking for trouble

Memphistopheles

@windy I have Bailey, Cox, Petrie and Tippett.

So no Lobbe is not my second ruck, If i go option 1 he may get a go when Bailey and Petrie have a bye.

If I go option 2 McEvoy becomes my second ruck.

@Fenno - I have more than enough cover - only guys not playing are Toy and Wallis and Tippett, plus I have an extra forward prem and will have an extra def prem should i go option 1.

Windigo

Ah okay. Mcveoy is carving it up. So I'd try and get him in.

In option 1 you'd have to play Petrie in the rucks & then you'd need an extra trade for the fwd line.

Option 2!   :)

Andrew

Whatever you do, upgrade Knights, he's terrible.

Memphistopheles

Hmmm everyone has voted for option 1 so far.

Mind telling me why?

Apart from having to upgrade Knights because he's terrible, which i already know.

Windigo

2 trades left is why I like option 2 better.

But I agree get rid of Knights. Other options you could use to oust Knights.

Andrew

Well yes I voted option 1 because it included shipping out Knights :P I also think Smith -> Lobbe is an excellent trade, if you're relying on Smith to start for you you could rely on Lobbe (but I see either would be 3rd ruck for you so really it's a no brainer to raise cash).

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Andrew on July 04, 2011, 03:44:42 PM
Well yes I voted option 1 because it included shipping out Knights :P I also think Smith -> Lobbe is an excellent trade, if you're relying on Smith to start for you you could rely on Lobbe (but I see either would be 3rd ruck for you so really it's a no brainer to raise cash).

Maybe it might help if I include what trades i'm considering if I went option one.

They would probably turn out to be
Smith--->Lobbe 9this week - definite trade)

Knights--->Cloke (this week)
Lower--->Shaw (next week)

Or

Lower---> Fisher (this week)
Knights---> LeCras/Fyfe/Sylvia/Green/Brennan (I need to wait for the price drop for LeCras or the bye guys to, well have their bye) ^^^This option means i have to start Prestia and don't have any forward cover this week though.

Final team would be like this (you'll see what I mean about plenty of cover):

Gibbs, Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Adcock, Enright, Rawlings, Shaw, Hibberd, Toy

Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Murphy, Mitchell, Boyd, Jacobs, Mzungu, Wallis.

Cox, Bailey, Lobbe, Tippett.

Pavlich, Franklin, Chapman, N Riewoldt, Goodes, Petrie, Cloke, J Riewoldt, Howe, Prestia

Andrew

Are you going for overall? No forward cover shouldn't matter and regardless you'll have such great cover for the rest of the season after this week. Seems like Smith -> Lobbe really does improve your side, the Lower upgrade borders on unnecessary but I guess Gibbs/Goddard/Scotland/Deledio all act as cover for your midfield also.

Well played, sir.

Ermaz

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Andrew on July 04, 2011, 04:06:34 PM
Are you going for overall? No forward cover shouldn't matter and regardless you'll have such great cover for the rest of the season after this week. Seems like Smith -> Lobbe really does improve your side, the Lower upgrade borders on unnecessary but I guess Gibbs/Goddard/Scotland/Deledio all act as cover for your midfield also.

Well played, sir.

Overall  - want to try claim my first top 100 finish and beat a mate - currently ranked just over 500th.

I’m not necessarily convinced they are a waste.
I think the team posted above, which I could look like after this round will be more than enough cover for the rest of the season. Especially during multi-byes.
This week I will be looking at a full team plus four, maybe more playing bench players this week (Lobbe/Bailey, Hibberd, Jacobs, Prestia).
The only other thing I might do is upgrade Bailey to a prem ruck once he’s gained enough cash. And hopefully that might even be a straight swap should Jolly get up and going after a slow return from injury.

Carlton bye is of the most concern for me, but Gibbs will mpp to mids for Jacobs, Scotland straight swap for Adcock or whichever prem is on the bench and then I have the option of playing Mzungu in mids or mpp Chappy into mids and playing J Roo on field with Mzungu and Prestia covering for fwds and mids.
I will have to start one of Hibberd/Jacobs, in defence but that’s it.

PowerBug

Option 1. But Lower going is an interesting one.