Holzman: 2012 teams

Started by Holz, July 04, 2011, 03:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeus123456

If they scrape the sub rule off my first definite pick will be Liam Anthony. He is an out and out superstar who's got great skill and definitely a potential keeper. When ever his bloody the goddamn sub he comes on and scores around 40-60s. I will also be looking at one of of Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin. Luke Shuey is also a gun who I love and I think he'll have a massive breakout next year and hopefully could be the new Redden or Shiels.

DT87

I'll definitely be looking at a few Saints and Bulldogs players who might have a good comeback from their poor 2011 seasons. Goddard and Riewoldt are pretty much locked in already (as usual), and Montagna, Gilbert, Lake, Gilbee and Hargrave (if discounted) are all worth considering.

As an Eagles fan I'll probably avoid Cox and get Naitanui next year. Ebert and Gaff will be cheap, though I'd only pick them if they have good pre-seasons.

Whoever gets the #1 ruck job at Port Adelaide will probably be a decent pick. There are also a few other players who will be pretty cheap who I don't think have been named in this thread yet - Courtenay Dempsey, Jason Winderlich and Ben Stratton to name three.

Zarts

I have my eye on a good half dozen mid pricers who could make or break my team. Some unconventional pick, I know, but when I drive home with the car, I'll be the one laughing :P

elephants

I've got a fantastic unique...

Holz

Quote from: Spite on July 09, 2011, 10:15:25 PM
I think he meant mitch morton?

correct mitch morton averaged 50 or so in  his first 3 games than was injured. Has been talked up in Dt circles for a while but never peforms.

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on July 10, 2011, 08:29:11 AM

correct mitch morton averaged 50 or so in  his first 3 games than was injured. Has been talked up in Dt circles for a while but never peforms.
Would be a massive risk....

zeus123456

Quote from: elephants on July 10, 2011, 11:38:40 AM
Quote from: Holzman on July 10, 2011, 08:29:11 AM

Would be a massive risk....
Yeah its a very big risk to take him.

The F.A.R.K.

mitch morton is on indefinate leave from richmond. career over i reckon

at the way drew petries price is falling he could be a great fwd pick up

dale93

Deffinly lenny hayas only lock so far

Cicjose

elephants

My locks for next year.

God

Gaz, Swan, undisclosed smokey

One of Cox/Sandi/Goldstein/Hille and H-mac as bargain second ruck.

Steve J

Only the most premier premium at this stage.

Spite

Can next year be schammer time?

I reckon I will spend extra money in the midfield next year because the forwards are so old or too young, and therefore so hard to pick!

Do you go Goodes/Harvey/Pav/Chapman - The oldies (Along with Green/Gia second tier)
Or Jroo/LeCras/Nahas/Brennan/Kennedy/Cloke - The youngs

Or none and use the money somewhere else? That being said, there looks to be so many players on the verge of breakouts/unique 100+ options! You got Griffen/Rockliff/Redden/D.Martin/(Daisy?) as up and comers with Pendles/Murphy/Selwood as superstars with Gaj/Swan/Mitchell too good to miss out on?

elephants

A lot will depend on the quality of rookies of particular positions. I.e. Lots of great fwd rookies may mean just four guns are required to be started.

The F.A.R.K.

if i have learnt anything from this year it is to start with more rookies and to just be a bit more patient with trades
i.e traded foley to curnow in round two and conca to liberatore in round 3
just silly trades

if you look at all the premiums in each position most have lost money
i would have loved to pick goddard up for 330k instead of 470
swan for 400 instead of 500
ablett for 400
ect

of course you need a few premiums but i reckon just pick 2 or 3 from each position and fill rest with rookies or smokeys

Andrew

Quote from: The FARK Academy on July 11, 2011, 05:41:59 PM
if i have learnt anything from this year it is to start with more rookies and to just be a bit more patient with trades
i.e traded foley to curnow in round two and conca to liberatore in round 3
just silly trades

if you look at all the premiums in each position most have lost money
i would have loved to pick goddard up for 330k instead of 470
swan for 400 instead of 500
ablett for 400
ect

of course you need a few premiums but i reckon just pick 2 or 3 from each position and fill rest with rookies or smokeys

I did the exact same with Foley, also bringing in Libba for Irons the next week (fair enough Irons didn't play after then but I then sold Libba for Iles when he was on the rise!). I'd love to have Foley as a 5th premium mid right now he's been better than what I expected even when starting with him!

I'm not sure if you'll see the massive price dips of this year next season, as I can't see many players starting above $450k. But what I've learnt it that premiums midfielders keep your score solid when other picks don't go right. I only started with 3 and it wasn't enough. 4 is a minimum but even 5 if you can squeeze them in (with yes 3 premiums max in DEF & FOR) is a must if you're fair dinkum about doing well I feel.

Sure, you still need some luck but most the time be patient and your premium pick will come good.

My probably 2012 DT: (assuming 3 on bench will probably be back to 2 though)

DEF Gibbs, Delideo, Goddard, Waters (if under $280k), Grimes (if under $280k), rookie, rookie (rookie bench)
MID Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Mundy/Barlow, Hartlett (if under $300k), Gaff (rookie bench - Morabito, Koby Stevens)
RUCK: Cox, Petrie/Kreuzer (if under 320k) (rookie bench)
FOR: Franklin, Jack Watts, Riewoldt, Didak (if under $300K), Brown (if under $300k), rookie, rookie (rookie bench inc. RUCK/FOR)

I'll probably pick most mature-age rookies Greater Western Sydney start with in round 1.