Holzman: 2012 teams

Started by Holz, July 04, 2011, 03:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

With the demise of my team over the last 3 weeks (my team has blown out from 2k to voer 6k and my SC team has come in from just inside the top 20k to 10k)
i have decided for fun to make a team based of the fanplanner this year, i have tried to take into account discounts and have used the averages players are currently at and i have guessed prices for certain players e.g Mcintosh.

This team is just for fun and to maybee discover some players who are good pickups next year so i can monitor them more closely for the rest of the season. I have left a little over a million for my bench so i have tried to fit inside some sort of cap.

Gibbs: 410k if he is still in the backline he is in my team
Goddard: 370k  the saints have been bad but at this price i think he is still worth it.
Broughton: 340k has looked good as of late but need to monitor the effect barlow and mundy will have on his scoring.
Waters: 290k could post some nice scores for his price range.
Grimes 275k at his price he is a definate lock into my team.
Lake: 200k really unsure of this guy if you could get him at this price and he doesnt anything close to what he can do.
Connors: 140k not sure how safe he is in the team but at rookie price if named round 1 im taking a punt.

Swan 480k: super gun the bad perormance in the middle of the season keeps him under 500k so im getting him.
Ablett: 485k same as swan 175 need i say more.
Selwood: this guy is a superstar and with the other 2 could be the top 3 in the comp.
Barlow: 380k really unsure if picking him up might look at montagna or pay the extra and get in mundy/ pendles.
Hayes: 250k if he is still playing at this price will be in everyones team.
Rookie 150K

Sandilands 400k   the injury has stuffed up his scores and will be in the top 2 at the end of next year.
Mcintosh 250k?: could be traded or stay at the roos but could do a simular thing to petrie this year.

Franklin: 415k scores may go up and down but will give you an average of between 95-105
Chapman: 410k if he is in the forward line than pick him up.
Pavlich: 405k coudnt find many premiums in the forward line this guy is good every year.
Riewoldt: 360k i have faith in stkilda and Roo but he will need to prove it over the rest of the season.
Didak 300k surely at this price he has to go up in value right, full preseason and hopefully the cats win the flag so it motivates                       him to try harder next year.
Brown: 270k cheap and is capable of big scores hopefully he shows some big games towards the end of the season.
Fev $2: or a Rookie 150k

Holz

once again just a fun team if you have any over players on your radar than share them if you want. here is my team in any eaiser to read format.

Gibbs, Goddard, Broughton, Waters, Grimes, Lake, Connors
Swan, Ablett, Selwood, Barlow/Montagna/Mundy/Pendles, Hayes, Rookie
Sandilands, Mcintosh
Franklin, Chapman, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Didak, Brown, Rookie/Fev

Andrew

I'm looking forward to next season already also and I'm sure my team will be looking something like that, nicely done. But no Sandilands for me again and where's the big Cox?

Cicjose

hartlett may be an option in the middle???

Andrew

Quote from: Cicjose on July 04, 2011, 02:56:20 PM
hartlett may be an option in the middle???

+1, seeing the recent news that he's out for rest of the season!

me

i think there might be some interesting position changes (dt wise) next year which will be relevant - hopefully beams is listed as a forward (dayne that is), maybe even sidebottom, and also houli/grigg should be listed as defenders

love dustin martin to be a c/f, doubt it will happen despite the fact that he does spend a fair amount of time forward

i will be considering shuey next year, and maybe even gaff, can see west coast only getting better next year, and those 2 guys might become very relevant next year

kieren jack will be hugely underpriced (providing he doesn't smash out tons and buff up his average in the rest of this year), so will liam anthony

elephants

A little bias here but luke shuey?
i can see him having a massive breakout year and smashing open the comp. If your reading this no pressure luke :)
Him and an undisclosed smokey will fill my 4th and 5th mid spots.
Also Gaff clocked up 30 odd possesions on a wing in the wafl. Will be soooo cheap next year. Also lecca if he gets more mid time. Wow i could have a very west coast dominated team :P

Master Q

elephants

I'll be steering clear of grimes though. Far too injury prone and will still have to be replaced some time in the season. Also lenny might be worth a look but he may take a while to get back into it...

me

yeah west coast do have some very attractive options, gaff getting the vest all year has helped no end, and he probs won't get a go until next year seeing as west coast are gearing for the finals - although they'd want to get a kid of his calibre into the team sooner than later. it's funny how at the start of the year most ppl would have said that gaff would play most games considering how bad the eagles were, and as it ends up he's hardly played at all and now west coast looks to have a great team

MTTY

Koby Stevens and Anthony Morabito ;D

Holz

if the sub rule is scrapped ( im sure all fantasy players want it to be gone and most fans), than liam anythony will be my first picked player. He comes on halway throught the 2rd and sometimes still walks away with a 50. I absoluely hate the sub rule i think it makes the game about 90% luck instead of 80%.

elephants

Yep Liam Anthony might be good.
Koby Stevens is my favourite young eagle (besides shuey and rosa). I think he's a great in and under prospect.

Fireballz

Quote from: MTTY on July 04, 2011, 10:08:54 PM
Koby Stevens and Anthony Morabito ;D
+1 for Moz!
I'm afraid that the sub rule will more than likely be here to stay.

Spite

If Macaffer is around 140k, I'd get him.

Rockliff to take it to another level, along with D Martin and R.Griffin.

Wow the forward line will be hard next year to choose!

Hmac and Kruezer will be bargain ruckmen. Unsure about Lobbe as Ports only ruckman at this stage.

Porplyzia, 1 game of 16 points, no more for the season. What's that 20% discount too? Will be less than 130k perhaps? Cash cow, done!

Also, all of hawthorns defenders in my backline with their current gamestyle haha (especially the ones returning from injury)