Holzman: 2012 teams

Started by Holz, July 04, 2011, 03:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

What about an all rookie ruck?

Johnathon Giles from GWS seems to me a way to go?

elephants

Might be a good player but dt? Maybe not.
I'd prefer a set and forget.
For example cox and kruezer or hmac or Goldstein.

Cicjose

but it could be plausible to have a set and forget ruck duo with rookies couldn't it next year?

elephants

Maybe worth a shot but I will say now that the chances of having Giles as my second ruck come round 1 next year is pretty high!!

hally25547

at this early stage its hard to guess who will be good picks because there will be injuries pre-season, role changes etc etc. The one thing i do know is that the structure of my team will change next year and also i will be going a guns and rookies approach next year as i had a few midpricers this year which didnt do great.

I suppose an early sort of guestimate team would be;

Gibbs, Goddard, Suckling, Grimes, Scotland, Waters, Rookie - Rookie, Rookie, Rookie
Swan, Ablett, Barlow, Trengove, Rookie, Rookie - Rookie, Rookie, Rookie
Sandi and H-Mac - Rookie, Rookie
Fyfe, Sylvia, Buddy, Stevie J, J Brown, Zaharakis, Rookie - Rookie, Rookie, Rookie

Its so hard to tell though...

Also what about Jack Trengove from Melb and Zakarakis from Ess - i reckon they could be huge next year

The F.A.R.K.

i think jon giles will be a good dter
he is such a different player to his port adelaide games
bulked up and was the best ruckman in sanfl last year

lower was a crap dter in the past but has turned things around
same with krakouer and even ed curnow at adelaide couldnt even get a game

jon giles will be zac smith of 2012

elephants and i have got some smokeys locked up in cupboard
(under lock and key)

dont forget hutchy as a foward bench. after his legends game he said mature age recruit next year. could be andrew krak similar

henry

Definetly Zaharakis next year. I bought (and still have) him this year and in the last 4 weeks he has been very consistent with scores of 123, 115, 81 and 107. I expect more of this next year as his midfield time increases. Another one is cyril rioli. I have had him from the start of the season and his average for every match he has completed is 100+. At 350k next year could be a good buy providing he is injury free.

Hayes is also a must.

elephants

Quote from: henry on July 13, 2011, 12:31:27 PM
Definetly Zaharakis next year. I bought (and still have) him this year and in the last 4 weeks he has been very consistent with scores of 123, 115, 81 and 107. I expect more of this next year as his midfield time increases. Another one is cyril rioli. I have had him from the start of the season and his average for every match he has completed is 100+. At 350k next year could be a good buy providing he is injury free.

Hayes is also a must.
Zaharakis and his massive score increase seems to have coincided with Watson going down. Coincidence? I think not!
Also i don't really want Cyril, too injury prone.

hally25547

Quote from: elephants on July 13, 2011, 01:42:24 PM
Quote from: henry on July 13, 2011, 12:31:27 PM

Hayes is also a must.
Zaharakis and his massive score increase seems to have coincided with Watson going down. Coincidence? I think not!
Also i don't really want Cyril, too injury prone.

Not only has Watson's injury no doubt helped him but i think the fact that he has been given more midfield time is the main reason for his improved scoring as he will be a goalkicking midfielder in the future imo. I will be watching with great interest, as an essendon supporter, as to how he performs when Jobe comes back.

The F.A.R.K.

i am going to stay away from essendon players because they are in a hole they cant get out of yet. too many youngsters and a shower gameplan

there are some names like lonergan and melksham i like but not yet. not consisitent enough

jarrad grant from bulldogs.
third year player and with hall gone next year will have the foward line to himself
dawes again next year
he is still young and improving so i reckon he still has a couple more gears to use

Windigo

I'll be going super unique for next year. Gunna do HEAPS of research & I'm gunna find some diamonds. Because just think...If you had Shiels, Suckling S.Martin etc from the start. You'd be slaying.

.....Scott Selwood top of the list for mine.

Holz

Ziebell from the roos is on my radar. BArlow is looking better and better 25 points in the last quarter shows he can score and drops his average to about 60.

Windigo

Ziebell has to have no injury concerns before start of season. :P

P.S: I'm loving Harper, this should shore up his spot. Also keep Richo out.  :)

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on July 17, 2011, 08:04:05 PM
Ziebell has to have no injury concerns before start of season. :P

yeah full preseason and he has about a 70% chance of being in my team, he is showing what he can do today.

Windigo

Danny Wells might be a good unique gun mid next year. Really chopping this year.