Priddis
4 (25%)
Rockliff (4 out during multi) Like This Bloke Though
1 (6.3%)
Just Keep Swallow
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Andrew

Can't have too many Hawks players, and you could play Issac Smith (who should score well against anyone bar Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton) in your forward line instead of Petrie but with 4 trades could probably find an upgrade for Smith.

You seem to have lost faith in Swallow but won't raise the money to get him to an ultra-premium. This is a way to do it. Lobbe is a decent pick but you won't be relying on him often.

Windigo

Mitchell, Bailey, Suckling, Smith & Franklin. As of now.

Hm, I dunno on Lobbe.

dmagnus

"I too have 8 trades and trade Swallow to any other mid. But hell, I wouldn't do it."
-Windigo

I think you thought about this already!

Memphistopheles

Just checked out your team in the RMT section.

How much cash have you got?

Why not do what I am considering and go Smith--->Lobbe and Bailey--->McEvoy.

You get a prem ruck plus a bit more cash.

I know Bailey has a bit more cash to make, but he’s probably just going to be sitting on your bench for the rest of the season.

Keep Swallow and you can upgrade him before his bye. Or use the extra cash and get Shiels or Murphy.

Andrew

Quote from: dmagnus on July 04, 2011, 03:49:31 PM
"I too have 8 trades and trade Swallow to any other mid. But hell, I wouldn't do it."
-Windigo

I think you thought about this already!

LOL he has been considering it for a while. But with fair reason too. It's a difficult one because Swallow's scoring has dropped off seemingly as the Roos have picked up form. They now play Bulldogs then Brisbane (at home) as well, so could easily hold off and give him another fortnight to improve.

But in the meantime, there's a great downgrade option in Lobbe who can give you the cash to get anyone...

Windigo

Quote"I too have 8 trades and trade Swallow to any other mid. But hell, I wouldn't do it."
-Windigo

Ah yes. That's when things were going good. It's looking like I'll keep him. Has too much upside.

@Memphis:

I have $ 70,200 in the bank & 6 trades.

4 trades left for finals!!!? :-\

This decision will either break my team or make it a mighty force.

Andrew

Tought you were going to smoke everyone in your League? If you're worried about finals then definately hold onto the trade and ditch Swallow for or just before his bye (round 21).

Windigo

Quote from: Andrew on July 04, 2011, 04:04:31 PM
Tought you were going to smoke everyone in your League? If you're worried about finals then definately hold onto the trade and ditch Swallow for or just before his bye (round 21).

Haha, I'm 4th in the champs league in terms of points scored but sitting 8th after a few unlucky games where broughton smashes 150 & a few other games where I had Redden captain & Mundy got 2.  ;)

In Summary:

I'll be keeping Swallow & holding my trades til I actually need them.

~ Cheers fellas.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Windigo on July 04, 2011, 04:08:56 PM
Quote from: Andrew on July 04, 2011, 04:04:31 PM

Haha, I'm 4th in the champs league in terms of points scored but sitting 8th after a few unlucky games where broughton smashes 150 & a few other games where I had Redden captain & Mundy got 2.  ;)

In Summary:

I'll be keeping Swallow & holding my trades til I actually need them.

~ Cheers fellas.

Good choice - 6 out of 6 voters agree with you.

Windigo

QuoteGood choice - 6 out of 6 voters agree with you.

I think it was knee jerk reaction to try & oust Swallow.

I'll be peeved if he stinks it up next week though.  :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Windigo on July 04, 2011, 06:48:18 PM

Don't expect too much against Collingwood.

A left-field option could be a Demons midfielder - they play Port (twice) Gold Coast and Richmond in the run-in.

Don't know who you'd get though, Scully maybe.

Windigo

Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 04, 2011, 08:04:40 PM
Quote from: Windigo on July 04, 2011, 06:48:18 PM

Don't expect too much against Collingwood.

A left-field option could be a Demons midfielder - they play Port (twice) Gold Coast and Richmond in the run-in.

Don't know who you'd get though, Scully maybe.

Your trying to sway my decision aren't you?  :P

Demons have the bye so I'd have to wait a week.......IF Swallows stinks it up VS Pies this week. I'll be ousting for Scott Thompson etc.

maccar86

pendles. you already have a unique midfielder in redden

Windigo

Quote from: maccar86 on July 05, 2011, 10:06:49 AM
pendles. you already have a unique midfielder in redden

I'd much rather 2.  ;)

dtboy

i traded swallow for ablett two weeks ago when swallow was at a price high and people doubted me and said i was a sideways traded but look at me now ablett doubled swallow then scored 100 points more than him and is now $100 k more expensive i say go for it

swallow has rare 3 game runs every year so i dont class him as a premium and he inconsistantly delievers. i say go griffen or rockliff i have rockliff in my team and he has delieved terrific scores every week. griffen has bad patches thats why he would be my second choice. out of swallow rockliff griffen and pridiss i would only class rockliff as a premium. i class a premium as a player who averages 105+ each week.