Gary ablett Petition, he should Permanently be the GUN

Started by just a gun, July 03, 2011, 03:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a gun

Reply to this if you think GAJ should permanently have the gun logo next to his name, because he is the biggest gun in the afl.

Monty make Ablett the permanent GUN!!!

LaHug

Can I reply saying that I disagree and that, just because he made an amazing captain this week, doesn't mean he's a permanent gun?
See the first half of the season for reference.

Ziplock

*see the second half and uninjured half of the season for reference*

Master Q

Holz

the real DT gun is swan he started the season on fire than got an injury and now he is back. Dont get me wrong gary is a great DTer but I rate swan ahead of him.

Flame

Well he is a gun...I'm just annoyed I didn't have him as skipper!!!

Windigo

Ablett is playing better in a poorer side.

Just wait until GC start playing well as their talented players begin to mature.

150+ each week.  :P

elephants

Quote from: Flame on July 03, 2011, 08:23:21 PM
Well he is a gun...I'm just annoyed I didn't have him as skipper!!!
+1
Swannie is the best DTer in the world though...

lids-fan

Quote from: LaHug on July 03, 2011, 03:52:10 PM
Can I reply saying that I disagree and that, just because he made an amazing captain this week, doesn't mean he's a permanent gun?

Suss his recent years for proof he is a GUN. Absolute star.
Has more impact on the game and lifts players around him

LaHug

Quote from: lids-fan on July 03, 2011, 08:40:11 PM
Quote from: LaHug on July 03, 2011, 03:52:10 PM

Suss his recent years for proof he is a GUN. Absolute star.
Has more impact on the game and lifts players around him
I'm not saying he's not a gun. I'm saying he shouldn't permanently have the gun in the chat section. I referenced his first half because having the gun implies scoring 100+ and there were a lot of games where he didn't.

Windigo

Swan is great for DT. But Ablett so much better player in general IMO.

Plenty of players I put ahead of Swan when DT is put aside. That being said you don't get 30+ possies if you are a mug either.  ;D

LaHug

Quote from: Windigo on July 03, 2011, 08:43:57 PM
Swan is great for DT. But Ablett so much better player in general IMO.

Plenty of players I put ahead of Swan when DT is put aside. That being said you don't get 30+ possies if you are a mug either.  ;D
Couldn't agree more. Swan's DT scores make him look like a much better player than he is. He's not even the best player in his team. I put Pendles and Thomas ahead of him every day of the week.

Windigo

Would you even rank him in the top 10?

Pendles, Thomas, Ablett.....Etc.

LaHug

Probably not. Never really thought of a top 10... Those three you mentioned are surely above him; as is Judd. Could probably think of another 6 if I could be bothered.

Ago97

Swan gets junk possessions so his dt is good but as a player he is just above average