Main Menu

the reason to why essendon beat geelong

Started by Chichos, July 03, 2011, 12:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chichos

Holz

LEV

Holz

i think gellong had to lose eventually this season, thompson was proably some reason but not the main one

soutter

Bomber Thompson and Brendan McCartney would of provided huge insight into how Geelong can be beaten. Masterstroke of the night was Welsh's defensive roll on Scarlett until Welsh got injured obviously. Making Scarlett accountable and not letting him roam free across half back was massive.

Go Dons!

eski_liddr

Quote from: Holzman on July 03, 2011, 12:26:25 AM
i would say more joel selwood

nope! too many mistakes made by geelong, they were not on their game.. running into eachother.... dropped marks ect ect

The masterstroke was the coachs but also the players desire to win... gutsy effort

Maca24

Watson was out aswell so they cancel each other out.

Justin Bieber

You can't really say the only reason is because of Bomber :P. Of course he knows Geelong, but it doesn't mean we'll beat them everytime we play them ;).

We were missing Watson and Lonergan (inside mids) but Howlett and Hocking stood up 8). Not to mention others who found their game and bobbed up everywhere (e.g Ryder, Heppell, Melks, Fletch, etc). I'd leave it to the players like eski said and Geelong kinda bound for a loss.

AFEV

I was stoked with the way Colyer stood up in the last, great signs from such a young player.
Hardly fair given the amount of players we have out ;)

Master Q

Maca24

Bosh

Add Milburn, Varcoe, and Joel Corey.
Geelong missed Corey, Varcoe and Selwood, there is three good players that would usually rotate through the midfield.

Maca24

Quote from: Bosh on July 03, 2011, 09:33:11 PM

Geelong missed Corey, Varcoe and Selwood, there is three good players that would usually rotate through the midfield.
Myers, Watson, Lonergan and Hooker are important for us 2.

AFEV

Quote from: Maca24 on July 03, 2011, 09:45:09 PM
Quote from: Bosh on July 03, 2011, 09:33:11 PM

Myers, Watson, Lonergan and Hooker are important for us 2.
I know they are LTI but add Winderlich and Demppsey to that list.

silloc

can anyone tell me colyers TOG stat.. can't find it. i think he had impressive stats for sombody who played less than half a game. watching him also a few weeks ago against geelong ressies, he has it... would really like to see him get more games.