I love you Ablett

Started by LF, July 02, 2011, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plugz19

and to think he was at 403k at one stage!

Holz

i planned to get him in after his second bye and what did i do i got in tags instead.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: plugz19 on July 02, 2011, 11:02:47 PM
and to think he was at 403k at one stage!

and to think i got him at this price too! I love his bald little head :D

Andrew

Quote from: Possumo on July 02, 2011, 10:34:08 PM
Quote from: LaHug on July 02, 2011, 09:38:12 PM
Quote from: Andrew on July 02, 2011, 08:37:39 PM
and round 24 Gold Coast v Hawthorn with Collingwood playing Geelong will also present a tricky situation...
Round 24 = Mitchell captain.

I'm sure there's an equally large group hoping Ablett starts to slow down from here on out! Funny how he was going to be a definite trade in target after his Rd. 9 bye, but many like myself missed out (actually, now that I think about it, it's more depressing than funny... :( )

I think the group with Ablett is greater than the group without, but there was a very good argument not to get Ablett. Missed a game in the first half of the season due to soft-tissue problems (could happen again?) and he seemed to be struggling to score more than 100. But for those "lucky enough" to pick Selwood, by the time he was found guilty, Selwood -> Ablett was a no brainer. I'll probably end up glad Selwood copped that suspension that made me trade him but who knows what he could do on return!

Swings & roundabouts, but for now Swan & Ablett top 2 just like last season.

Possumo

Quote from: Andrew on July 03, 2011, 01:18:34 AM
Quote from: Possumo on July 02, 2011, 10:34:08 PM
Quote from: LaHug on July 02, 2011, 09:38:12 PM
Quote from: Andrew on July 02, 2011, 08:37:39 PM
and round 24 Gold Coast v Hawthorn with Collingwood playing Geelong will also present a tricky situation...
Round 24 = Mitchell captain.

I'm sure there's an equally large group hoping Ablett starts to slow down from here on out! Funny how he was going to be a definite trade in target after his Rd. 9 bye, but many like myself missed out (actually, now that I think about it, it's more depressing than funny... :( )

I think the group with Ablett is greater than the group without, but there was a very good argument not to get Ablett. Missed a game in the first half of the season due to soft-tissue problems (could happen again?) and he seemed to be struggling to score more than 100. But for those "lucky enough" to pick Selwood, by the time he was found guilty, Selwood -> Ablett was a no brainer. I'll probably end up glad Selwood copped that suspension that made me trade him but who knows what he could do on return!

Swings & roundabouts, but for now Swan & Ablett top 2 just like last season.

Well but thats the thing though, I'm sure there were quite a lot of people like me who wanted to get their 6th premium mid in as early as possible, and by that time, I was like you mentioned still worried about his scoring mostly being sub 90... I have Selwood myself, and was tempted to bring in Ablett, but even at that time Selwood was still averaging 110+, which you still would have thought Ablett would be lucky to get, and in my case all of my league matches were against weaker teams, so I wasn't worried about him being out. Still, good on those that jumped on. I don't think there were many people who could have predicted he would have racked it up as much as he has though...

LaHug

Pretty sure I got him in by trading out Krakouer. I still have Selwood on the bench and can't wait for him to come back and pump out 115+s

Chopps

mundy's injury was a blessing in disguise swapped mundy to ablett ohhh yea

Windigo

Quote from: Chopps on July 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM
mundy's injury was a blessing in disguise swapped mundy to ablett ohhh yea

+1. Coupled with the Selwood suspension I got Ablett & Mitchell.  8)

elephants

I hate Gary.
Yes, i have him and yes he scored great but I didnt C him... Not happy. Goig to slip further and further away from the top 1000 now.

Windigo

Quote from: elephants on July 03, 2011, 10:16:49 AM
I hate Gary.
Yes, i have him and yes he scored great but I didnt C him... Not happy. Goig to slip further and further away from the top 1000 now.

Who did you C? Murphy?

elephants

Quote from: Windigo on July 03, 2011, 10:17:42 AM
Quote from: elephants on July 03, 2011, 10:16:49 AM
I hate Gary.
Yup.

Who did you C? Murphy?

PowerBug

I picked him up at $424k, captain this week, and for the weeks to come. Last week the commentators said he was well held by Picken, 118pts. So this week i knew he wouldn't get held and hads him in for 130+. That could win me my league.

KBcokebotl

stuck to my plan and brought him in after rd 9 bye at around 404k
knew the great man was just getting his fitness up early. gold coast want to win as much respect as possible in 1st year which i think will make him hard to rest, not like when they wrapped him in cotton wool at geelong any time he had a slight niggle.
had him captain last 3 weeks

Ago97

he is a gun
as simple as that

Flame

I love him too..just wish I made him skipper this week!!