Main Menu

FTP n00b

Started by c4v3m4n, July 02, 2011, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Hey all,

Yes, I have c4 have decided to join the world of FTP. I haven't been assigned a team yet, but I'd love some help/advice on getting started as I obviously have no clue what to do.

Thanks!

Justin Bieber

I'd suggest as it's EOS, worst time to buy GUNS. I'd go for Rel/Rel Primaries (Bowl or Bat and Tech) 20 y.o's who should go for less than 5k. Look for ones with at least Ordinary secondaries (Endurance, Power and Fielding). I like secondaries as they won't hurt your player's salaries as much as Primaries/Tech. Experience is good so advise going after players with Ordinary+ experience at 20 y.o. The older they are, the more experience you should look for in them. Although when I started out, I never took notice of experience.

Read through the game rules as well as it's a big help when first getting a grip on FTP.

cookie311993

i have a couple of them for you if interested. i put 2 wrist spinners on market and  a FM

roo boys!

WELCOME C4!

Like HP said, but some 20 year olds at the moment for cheap to get you started :)

I've got 3 or 4 up at the moment.

MajorLazer

It's so good C4. :)

I've also got some 20 year olds up for sale.

Good luck starting up.

Maca24

Good luck C4. Its a great game if you give it some time.  :)

PowerBug

Take your time, don't go buying players coz you like them. Learn the game, find the best combo's to be in your team, don't buy players for a price that is too much. Good Luck.

DazBurg

hey C4
great to have you on board mate ;)

Maca24

Quote from: PowerBug on July 02, 2011, 03:48:50 PM
Take your time, don't go buying players coz you like them. Learn the game, find the best combo's to be in your team, don't buy players for a price that is too much. Good Luck.
My best advice would be to go young. I half did, half didnt. Now im finding it really tough  :'(

Master Q

Stock up on 20 yo then get 1 or 2 oldies to help em out. That's how I started.

cookie311993

Good luck mate I am sure you will do well

c4v3m4n

Thanks everyone for the info so far.

I haven't yet received an email about getting a team, how long does this usual take?

AFEV

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 04, 2011, 12:59:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the info so far.

I haven't yet received an email about getting a team, how long does this usual take?
Gee that is surprising.
I reckon it will arrive in the next 24 hours.

MajorLazer

It might be because of the EOS updates.

Justin Bieber

The EOS madness must have got to them :P. Should be soon but at least you'll be prepared.

On a side note, I'd avoid buying any new players for the next 2-3 days. Just my advice as you'll be spending quite a bit to get only a few players. Give it time and you'll get a solid starting lineup for little price. I'll help you out finding players if you wish :).