number 1 team in 09!!!

Started by magic_man, June 26, 2009, 02:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magic_man

ive got 16 trades and 7k in the bank
backs
goddard, gilbert, burgoyne, mackie, scotland, gimes, broughton (greenwood, hurley)
mids
montagna, judd, bartel, stanton, maloney, sewell (swift, davenport)
rucks
sandi, jolly (pyke, spencer)
forwards
riewoldt, pavlich, stevie j, deledio, goodwin, nahas, sidebottom (grant, austin)

wat do u think????
im think before the finals i need ablett
im thinking of
nahas -----> ballanytne, jurrah
sidebottom ------> forward like chapman
then
grimes down
moloney ---------->ablett
ive got lots of trades so they arnt a problem

MsHighkick

You have 16 trades left?? Are you serious??

If that's true I don't even know why you are bothering to ask for help - you are doing a fine job on your own.

If you mean you have used 16 trades and have only 4 left, you've got some problems and should leave your team alone until the finals.

magic_man

i took a punt on players like sidebottom, couglan and sidebottom at the start of the year so i have had 2 do any trades
ive only traded out rich-couglan
couglan- sewell

chris

Unique problem having too many trades. Think you should use 2 every round for the last 6 rounds till finals leaving you with 4 for finals.

Only problem you are really going to have is freeing up cash, your main cash cows in Grimes, Broughton, Sidey and Nahas where you are going to get the most cash from are all on the field. Which means its very risky bringing in a Ballantyne or a Jurrah because you bringing them straight on the field meaning your taking thier points and thier spot is not secure. This is also reflected in that you really only have 2 playing benchers(Greenwood and Swift) so not much money being generated and they have only played 6 games between them.

magic_man

i no that is a problem with no cash cow to down grade
maybe by downgrading a midfielder then upgradiong a midfielder

chris

I reckon if your doing OK in your league you do a couple of wasteful sideways trades to get some playing rookies on your bench which for you isn't a problem cause you got lots of trades. So:

Hurley -> <backline rookie on or before bubble like Pearce>
Austin -> <forward rookie on or before bubble like Walters, Balantyne>

That gives you playing benchers and free's up a little cash then next week you could downgrade Grimes(might be hard to find a rookie) and bring Greenwood on the ground and upgrade Nahas or Sidey with the proceeds