Swan or Frankiln

Started by choppa77, July 01, 2011, 05:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choppa77

Looking at getting rid of Harris & Knights this week for Callinan & either Swan or Franklin

D-Gibbs,Adcock,Suckling,Goddard,Heppell,Lower,Lids (Otten,Stanley,Howard)
M-Boyd, Pendles, GAJ,Hodge,Cotchin,Harris (Selwood,Hibberd,Mzungu)
R-Petrie,Smith (Cox,Vardy)
F-Chappy,Goodes,NRoo,Pav,Higgins,Sylvia (Knights,McKernan,JTipp)

Looking either:
Knights > Callinan; Harris > Swan or
Harris > Callinan; Knights > Franklin

Sh!t ranking (~14k), but somehow still in eliminator, so thinking Buddy option to avoid donut next week(if I make it)

Which is better?

Silenced_1

Swan will rack up more points I believe and has had both byes. He is quite fit due to his trip to Arizona.

Franklin however, has the DPP link if u need.

I would go Swan for Harris and Knights to Callinan

Hope this helps

matt1985

I'd probably go Swan too, he is at a very nice price at the moment and looks like he could be back in form!

Possumo

Quote from: Silenced_1 on July 01, 2011, 05:27:38 PM
Swan will rack up more points I believe and has had both byes. He is quite fit due to his trip to Arizona.

Franklin however, has the DPP link if u need.

I would go Swan for Harris and Knights to Callinan

Hope this helps

Uh... Franklin is not a DPP mate...

As for the trades, you already have 6 premium mids (although Cotchin is borderline) so why bring in a 7th? Selwood is back in 2 weeks, so ideally you would want a DPP forward/mid (especially since your forward bench is looking pretty fragile) ... I'd say Fyfe for league, but of course you're in the eliminator, so perhaps Harvey? Callinan would be a great value option too... but who is your current 7th forward? You've only listed 9 players in the forward line in your post.

choppa77

Sorry - I Smith is 7th fwd at the moment.
Will switch Petrie back to Fwd after this week & play Cox & Z Smith for most of the year I think

Possumo

Quote from: choppa77 on July 01, 2011, 05:54:39 PM
Sorry - I Smith is 7th fwd at the moment.
Will switch Petrie back to Fwd after this week & play Cox & Z Smith for most of the year I think

Alright, that makes your team already pretty damn strong... how many trades do you have left and how much cash? Callinan and Cloke/Franklin would be pretty decent trades, swapping Sylvia for Callinan to play him this week in your mids, and playing Cloke/Franklin as your 6th, with Smith as your 7th and Callinan as a forward emergency... sounds good to me! I'm actually not that keen on Cloke myself, but his form looks good and he doesn't have any more byes (Franklin does in 2 weeks which could be a problem if you're still in the eliminator.

Jackina

Swan. I always think its better to put all premiums in your mids and at swans price he is a bargain! Your forward line doesn't look like it needs too much more work if petrie's going back there after this week.

Windigo

The F.A.R.K.

Swan because with the way franklin is kicking this year there is no way the FARK team can teach him anything

melowen204

Quote from: The FARK Academy on July 01, 2011, 06:38:08 PM
Swan because with the way franklin is kicking this year there is no way the FARK team can teach him anything

+1   FARK TEAM lol.

Windigo

Hey FARK. Shouldn't you be: F.A.R.K

:P

choppa77

Quote from: Jackina on July 01, 2011, 06:35:01 PM
Swan. I always think its better to put all premiums in your mids and at swans price he is a bargain! Your forward line doesn't look like it needs too much more work if petrie's going back there after this week.
6 trades $31.5k

Possumo

Quote from: Jackina on July 01, 2011, 06:35:01 PM

He already has 6 premium mids though... Selwood is only out for 2 more weeks. If you're thinking that Cotchin isn't a premium mid, your probably right, but I'm not sure whether it's worth having him as a bench player... too much money sitting on the pine really. I'd prefer a ddp premium if I'm going to have one on the bench. If the OP wants to trade Cotchin to Swan though, I would say that would be a decent trade.

CFC 1979

Possumo

I love it how people don't read :p