Getting rid of dids.

Started by Holz, June 30, 2011, 07:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Scotland, Gibbs, Lids, Shaw, Heppel, Goddard, Adcock (Pup, Jacobs, Toy)
Boyd, Pendles, Mitchell, Swan, Bartel,Tags (Didak, Hibberd, Bewick)
Cox, Smith (Bailey, Tippet)
Stevie J, Sylvia, Franklin, Chappy, Voldt, Hggins, Petrie (Smith, Mzungu, Richardson)

looking to get in callinan and i have had enough of dids after paying close to 400k for him. I have looked at a few options

1. Didak to Callinan and Toy to Suckling/Fisher
2. Richardson to Callinan and Didak to Pav (keeps my DPP)
3. Jacobs to Callinan and Didak to ROK (no DPP for mids and 2 FWD/MIDS on the bench.
4. Richardson to Callinan and Didak to Stanton lose my FWD/MID dpp and leaves me with 7 premium mids. to cover the dogs, hawks, essendon, cats byes.

Windigo

I like option 2. But the trade situation.....

Jacobs will play most games and looks to be a good talent.

Richo will be in & out hasn't shown much at AFL level really.

But above all. I wouldn't trade.

But I like option 2 none-the-less. ;)

Holz

im not a fan of keeping trades as you know :) ,  who needs trades when you have 32 of 34 players playing if i go option 2 and one of the guys not playing is cox and he will be next week.

Andrew

I like Option 1. Gets rid of the worst players and you need an upgrade most in defence. If you do that you'll be able to play a premium DEF/MID in midfield when one of your premiums misses a week.

Windigo

QuoteIm not a fan of keeping trades as you know :)

Yeah.  :P

Holz

yeah option 1 is my favourite, i could have some problems in the carlton and dons bye, also with lids and adcock having a bye 8 defenders cant hurt.

Windigo

What if Puo doesn't play this week? Big possibility.

Memphistopheles

Didak-->Callinan and Z. Smith ---> McEvoy or Goldstein for me.

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on June 30, 2011, 08:02:31 PM
What if Puo doesn't play this week? Big possibility.

i have jacobs as the emergency anyway and if i get in suckling than heppel will be my emergency

memphistophels i have petrie playing in my rucks most week so im happy with the cox petire combo thats why i was thinking of option 3 and having a legitimate 8 forwards so essentially i have 7 forwards with petrie as my second ruck's

Windigo

Heppell can score just as well as a Fisher.....You know get you 80's. But yeah tough decision for yah.

Holz

on second thoughts im leaning more towards option 2 or 3, no love for option 4

Spuds11

Windigo

Holz out of the options you what the simple question is:

Who would you rather. O'Keefe or Pavlich.

I know who I'd choose.

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on June 30, 2011, 08:09:56 PM
Holz out of the options you what the simple question is:

Who would you rather. O'Keefe or Pavlich.

I know who I'd choose.
even though it breaks my no swan players rule im leaning towards ROK, however pav was good last week and could post a huge score this week which is good as im playing the top of the table guy this week. Im actually not sure on thsese guys (who would you go for)

the only problem with ROK is i lose jacobs and my DPP in the backs

Windigo

Hm, DPP is important. But have a look over the byes and your team to see if at any stage you'll need to utilize it.

Both players you want have a multi. I'd go Pavlich myself. But ROK has been scoring really good.