Boyd (C) with Rischitelli unable to help Ablett...

Started by Andrew, June 30, 2011, 07:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who to pick as captain between Boyd & Ablett

Stick with Ablett v Freo
12 (70.6%)
Boyd v Melbourne a safe bet
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: July 02, 2011, 07:47:39 PM

Andrew

The only alarming thing from the team lists for me today was Rischitelli's withdrawal for Gold Coast. Will this mean Ablett gets more attention and less of the ball? To add to this Ablett had a bruising encounter with Picken last week, copping a heavy knock on the hip in the last quarter (mind you he went back and slotted the goal from 55m straight after). Also a spanner in the works is the miserable weather in Perth this week, unlikely to change by Saturday afternoon. Could make for a scrappy contest between two probable bottom 8 sides.

Boyd is a pretty safe bet v Melbourne as it is, but I have a feeling Ablett's 130+ ability is affected by a weaker midfield around him. Your thoughts?

Windigo

Don't think it will matter........ :-X

But the weather might though.

Andrew

Swan v Hawthorn is tempting also but Hawks ability to hold posession makes them a difficult opponent for DT scoring.

matt1985

I think I would avoid going any Collingwood players for captain this week. Boyd could be a good option, but Melbourne are in good form at the moment, and could run over the Doggies. It's a hard round to pick someone :(

Windigo

Ablett will tear it up rain, hail or shine man.  :P

jabroni

ablett gets no1 tag no matter who else is playing alongside him so seems the safe option

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Windigo on June 30, 2011, 08:03:53 PM

Agreed, however I also like Murphy this week. Hmmm

Andrew

Quote from: matt1985 on June 30, 2011, 08:02:19 PM
I think I would avoid going any Collingwood players for captain this week. Boyd could be a good option, but Melbourne are in good form at the moment, and could run over the Doggies. It's a hard round to pick someone :(

Yeah I don't disagree on either of those points, the Bulldogs were average v Gold Coast. Mmm will probably stick with Ablett after checking the weather report tomorrow..!

No one worried about Rischitelli's withdrawal affecting Ablett's scoring?

matt1985

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 30, 2011, 08:07:32 PM
Quote from: Windigo on June 30, 2011, 08:03:53 PM

Agreed, however I also like Murphy this week. Hmmm

I've gone with Murphy this week, but it's hard to pass over Gaz! If I had Gaz in my side I would probably be putting the C on him.

its me lads

creepy crowley will be all over gazza like a rash Ablett wont get over 100 YOU heard it hear first!!

PowerBug

Quote from: Andrew on June 30, 2011, 08:09:29 PM
No one worried about Rischitelli's withdrawal affecting Ablett's scoring?
Ummm. I'm not. I think it means that GC will look for Ablett more as Risky isn't there.

Ziplock

Quote from: its me lads on June 30, 2011, 08:40:03 PM
creepy crowley will be all over gazza like a rash Ablett wont get over 100 YOU heard it hear first!!

*here

and that rash will only make ablett rush in harder for the ball to finish the game faster ;)

dreamkiller

has anyone read calvin's captains?

crowleys tag is piss weak